API Announcement: Version 4 Beta is Now Live!

Greg Avola [Untappd]

Aug 17, 2012, 1:44:43 PM8/17/12
to untappd-api-d...@googlegroups.com
Hello Untappd developers,

This afternoon we are pleased to introduce Version 4 of our API for consumption. The API has been re-written from the ground up to encompass more data and be consistence against other APIs around the block.

The biggest piece of this API is that we support oAuth. While the V4 beta is read-only, future methods will all be supported using OAuth access token make calls on behalf of the user. Your will now make calls (unauthenticated) with a client_id and client_secret which are listed on your dashboard (http://untappd.com/api).

We wanted to give everyone ample to time to start migrating your code over to V4, since we will be decommissioning the V3 on 12/31/12. This should give developers enough time to covert their apps over.

You can access the new docs at http://untappd.com/api/docs/v4 and the new explorer at http://untappd.com/api/explorer?v=4.

Please not that you must have an active API key to view these pages and be logged in.

Also -just a friendly reminder that in order to use our API, you need to agree and compile at to our API TOS - http://untappd.com/terms/api

Let us know your feedback and if you any questions.

Thanks,
Greg Avola
CTO
Untappd

altuure

Sep 9, 2012, 10:54:29 AM9/9/12
to untappd-api-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Greg, this is great news...

we were looking forward to that!!!
can we get some info how to get oauth working?  oauth urls and so on ? or maybe some example code like https://github.com/cmar/untappd ?

Cheers
altuure

Greg Avola

Sep 9, 2012, 10:55:41 AM9/9/12
to untappd-api-d...@googlegroups.com
oAuth isn't available yet - it will be coming this week.

All the docs are up and running on the http://untappd.com/api/docs for read-only access at this time.

Thanks,

Greg Avola
CTO & Co-Founder
Untappd

Chris Smith

Sep 10, 2012, 10:42:34 AM9/10/12
to untappd-api-d...@googlegroups.com

Hi Greg,

I was just wondering if some sort of venue search will be coming in V4?  I’m using the foursquare_lookup (which works great) in V3, and if that’s coming in V4 great.  But if not will there be a way to do a venue search, or is there one and I missed it?

Thanks!

Chris

altuure

Sep 10, 2012, 12:20:43 PM9/10/12
to untappd-api-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Greg,
that is really good news
will be waiting for that...

Cheers
@altuure

altuure

Oct 9, 2012, 4:19:01 PM10/9/12
to untappd-api-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Greg ,
I wanna check if v4 is now stable now . we can see the documentation and API Explorer all pointing to v4 now.

I tried to implement oauth for v4 but I get following error message during authorize phase
{"meta":{"http_code":500,"error_type":"param_error","error_detail":"You have not set your redirect URL in your Application Settings"},"response":[]}

we have all app setting from  untappd they are all set. Application name: achivy,

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Mert

Justin Pitta

Oct 9, 2012, 4:28:32 PM10/9/12
to untappd-api-d...@googlegroups.com
I had that problem when I first got started with V4 AFTER I set the redirect on my app setting in the API control panel. You have to make sure the URL in your 'callback' URL and the redirect_url Key match exactly

Greg Avola

Oct 9, 2012, 4:37:26 PM10/9/12
to untappd-api-d...@googlegroups.com
You need to add the callback URL in the Application Settings in your API Dashboard. Did you do that?

Thanks,
Greg

Greg Avola
Co-Founder / CTO
Untappd

altuure

Oct 9, 2012, 4:47:19 PM10/9/12
to untappd-api-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Greg,Justin

I checked all my configuration again , my callback url is set and everything is correct :(

Greg Avola

Oct 9, 2012, 4:48:04 PM10/9/12
to untappd-api-d...@googlegroups.com
What is your call that your are making? Please post the URL here (make sure take out of your keys)

Thanks,
Greg

Mert Can Akkan

Oct 9, 2012, 4:52:48 PM10/9/12
to untappd-api-d...@googlegroups.com

Greg Avola

Oct 9, 2012, 4:57:55 PM10/9/12
to untappd-api-d...@googlegroups.com
You also need to make sure you decode the URL before passing it to us - it should be:

You also are passing two many variables in the URL. Follow the documentation on http://untappd.com/api/docs for the most up to date information.

Thanks,
Greg

altuure

Oct 9, 2012, 6:16:35 PM10/9/12
to untappd-api-d...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Greg, that encoding was the problem...

Cheers
Mert