[PLEASE READ] - HTTP API Decommission on 2/1/14

Greg Avola [Untappd]

Jan 22, 2015, 8:32:56 AM1/22/15
to untappd-api-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

This is the final warning before 2/1/15.

We will removing non-SSL access to the API on 2/1/15 at 12:00am. This gives you around 2 months to make changes to your app, site to comply with these changes. An email will be sent out to all developers of the API that are using the HTTP version within the next week with detail information. Using HTTPS makes your calls secure, which increases security and protects for your users and our users. After 2/1/15, all calls to http://api.untappd.com will return a 500 http-code error.

There have been 3 emails sent out to each developer of the last 2-3 months for people who are using the HTTP version of the API.

The only change you as a developer need to make in your application is call the Untappd API at https://api.untappd.com/v4/ instead of http://api.untappd.com/v4.

If anyone has any questions or concerns, please let me know.

Thanks again,
Greg