How does one search for Nearby Breweries via the API?

Raine Lightner

Feb 21, 2014, 12:23:07 AM2/21/14
to untappd-api-d...@googlegroups.com
Can't seem to find the correct method.

Thanks!

-Raine

Greg Avola

Feb 21, 2014, 12:26:48 AM2/21/14
to untappd-api-d...@googlegroups.com
We don't expose this method as part of our API. We actually don't even have it in the app (to search for Nearby Breweries). Sorry about that!

Only methods that are documented at http://untappd.com/api/docs are supported.

Cheers,
Greg

Greg Avola
Co-Founder / CTO
Untappd

Ciaran McAuliffe

May 18, 2014, 9:58:28 AM5/18/14
to untappd-api-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
+1 for this as a feature request. Would really like to see lat & lng as queryable fields on the beer & brewery search.

Thanks.

Chris Millar

Jun 11, 2014, 10:40:55 AM6/11/14
to untappd-api-d...@googlegroups.com
By far the easiest way to achieve what you want is to make a Foursquare call to return a list of predefined classes of venues (IE Breweries). Once you get that you can pass the Foursquare ID to Untappd to open the venue with the appropriate beer data. Foursquare has a fairly liberal API limit, so you don't need to be authenticated as a user. Examples...

https://api.foursquare.com/v2/venues/explore?section=brewery

This will return a list, get the Foursquare ID, then do:

Just make sure to catch venues that don't have any Untappd data.

Docs I referenced: https://developer.foursquare.com/docs/venues/explorehttps://untappd.com/api/docs/v4 (no deep link, but the Foursquare helper is at the bottom)

Chris

Jeremy Plack

Apr 25, 2015, 12:10:02 PM4/25/15
to untappd-api-d...@googlegroups.com
+1 for local brewery search.
Any updates on this?

Greg Avola

Apr 25, 2015, 12:15:38 PM4/25/15
to untappd-api-d...@googlegroups.com
This is a private API for the Untappd app at this time - we don't have plans to open it up - but that may change in the future! Thanks for your support!

Greg

Sent from my iPhone