News: API V3 Removal Schedule

Greg Avola [Untappd]

Nov 8, 2012, 4:36:14 PM11/8/12
to Untappd API Developer Group
Hello all,

The following is the schedule for the removal V3 of the API:

November 31st, 2012
----

All brewery_checkins, venue_checkins, beer_checkins, user_checkins,
friends that involved offsets or limits. The normal method will work -
but offsets will be disabled

beer_search, brewery_search will be shut down and return 404.

December 15th, 2012
-----
/v3/checkin, /v3/addtowish, /v3/removefromwish will be shut down and
return 404

December 31st, 2012
----
All methods will be shut down.

Thanks,
Greg

Josh Schlesinger

Nov 29, 2012, 10:22:00 AM11/29/12
to untappd-api-d...@googlegroups.com

Greg,

Any chance we can get the 11/31 shutdown pushed out a week? I am finishing up my conversion to v4  for my Windows Phone app but I am going to need another week to get it tested and approved before it is live in the marketplace.

Thanks,
Josh

Josh Schlesinger

Dec 1, 2012, 1:16:52 PM12/1/12
to untappd-api-d...@googlegroups.com
So no then? I just need to know so I can remove my app from the marketplace since it no longer works.

Greg Avola

Dec 1, 2012, 1:23:32 PM12/1/12
to untappd-api-d...@googlegroups.com
Josh - this will be fixed later today for you. Sorry - I missed this email.

Greg

Sent from my iPhone

Josh Schlesinger

Dec 1, 2012, 1:27:40 PM12/1/12
to untappd-api-d...@googlegroups.com

Ah cool, really appreciate it Greg! I’m submitting my app today so hopefully Microsoft will get it approved in a week.

Greg Avola

Dec 1, 2012, 1:30:49 PM12/1/12
to untappd-api-d...@googlegroups.com, untappd-api-d...@googlegroups.com
I just re-enabled - can you check?

Greg

Sent from my iPhone

Josh Schlesinger

Dec 1, 2012, 1:32:13 PM12/1/12
to untappd-api-d...@googlegroups.com
Yep, looks good, thanks again.

Josh Schlesinger

Dec 16, 2012, 12:13:32 AM12/16/12
to untappd-api-d...@googlegroups.com
Sorry to be a pain Greg, but I am having issues getting my app through the Microsoft store approval process, so it is taking me longer then I have hoped to get converted over to V4. I have gotten a few emails from users having problems doing beer searches on v3. Was this turned off today? I am submitting which I hope to be the final version of my app tomorrow to get approved--this will have my app completely converted over to V4. Would you be able to keep the beer search v3 api on for a little longer?

Thanks again, and sorry for the delay in getting my app converted over.

Thanks,
Josh

Greg Avola

Dec 16, 2012, 8:49:04 AM12/16/12
to untappd-api-d...@googlegroups.com
Josh,

How long are we talking? The queries on V3 are not optimized anymore for our environment, so it makes it hard to support them over the weekend. I can go as long as Wednesday of this week- but then I need to disable it. Is that ok?

Thanks,

Greg Avola
CTO & Co-Founder
Untappd

Josh Schlesinger

Dec 16, 2012, 12:11:50 PM12/16/12
to untappd-api-d...@googlegroups.com
My app should be in the store by wednesday. Thanks for being flexible Greg.

-Josh

Greg Avola

Dec 16, 2012, 12:13:16 PM12/16/12
to untappd-api-d...@googlegroups.com
No problem - it will be re-enabled tonight.

Greg

Sent from my iPhone