Efficient way of fetching distinct beer IDs?

Espen Hovlandsdal

Oct 11, 2017, 3:24:37 PM10/11/17
to Untappd API Developer Group
Hi,

I'm trying to fetch all the beers a user has checked in, but only need the beer IDs.
The user beers endpoint (`/v4/user/beer/<username>`) works, but it returns a lot of information and is limited to 50 items per page.

For a user that has checked in 5000 beers, that will exhaust the API rate limit for an hour and put unnecessary strain on the Untappd API.
I don't suppose it would be possible to add a simple `/v4/user/beer/ids/<username>` or similar, that could return all (a larger amount) of IDs?

Greg Avola

Oct 11, 2017, 4:50:02 PM10/11/17
to untappd-api-d...@googlegroups.com
Hey there!

Sadly - we don't offer this this time. The API really isn't meant for this type of consumption.

Greg

Greg Avola
Co-Founder / CTO
Untappd