Helping

Matthew Liberman

Jun 16, 2013, 4:39:09 PM6/16/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
As a coder who's run out of steam making various other related projects, I would absolutely love to contribute in making something like this grow faster. Is there any consideration about going at least mildly open-sourced or letting people help?

Also, if I correctly understood the way your inventions and object system works (which I'm completely unsure of), then I would have some commentary. Mainly, it would seem to me that in such an open-ended sandbox world, inventions should be equally open-ended. Instead of having more or less 'hardcoded' ideas, inventions, and objects, that would continues have to be added-onto, a more holistic and engaging way is to somehow abstract ALL ideas/objects into some sort conceptual building-blocks that players could build ANYTHING out of, perhaps leading to crazy alternative worlds, perhaps to exactly the same tech as today, depending on the creativity of the players. This is obvious very difficult but I would think that something of this sort could very well be achieved by sufficient brainstorming and collaboration. "The most ambitious video game project in history", after all, should be ambitious.