[Need Web Browsing Help] We need to try to find more avenues for promotion, here's how you can help..

Nik

Jan 16, 2013, 1:24:15 PM1/16/13
I have an email that I send out to anyone who has a large following. For example, wil wheaton's twitter has over 2 million followers! I sent him an email this morning, which I found by going to the link on his twitter page, then going to "about me" and at the bottom there was an email address.

I'm hoping you guys can try to find more like this! If anyone knows of, or can find other individuals who have a large online following (on twitter, facebook, youtube, a blog, an official website..etc) then please post it here along with the contact email. If you post the email, I'll be able to send the request for promotion within seconds (copying/pasting++).

Just a couple things to consider:
  • Make sure to find their email address, if I can't contact them, there's no point :(
  • Make sure to also include their page, whatever they're famous for (twitter, youtube, blog, facebook page, website..)
  • "Try" to find individuals or companies that are at least game/indie/nerd/tech related. But if you have a good feeling about some random actor somewhere, thats fine too. :)
Thanks crew! And thanks for being such a passionate community!
Nik

Hugo Hammarberg

Jan 17, 2013, 12:21:17 PM1/17/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
Pewdiepie
He has almost 4 million subscribers on youtube, and he's a gamer.
E-mail: pew...@gmail.com (I found it on his facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/PewDiePie)

Nikolas Gauvreau

Jan 17, 2013, 12:32:33 PM1/17/13
to Hugo Hammarberg, universe-project...@googlegroups.com
Done! Thanks Hugo!

Aidanny

Jan 17, 2013, 1:44:17 PM1/17/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
here, the yogscast, i don't personally watch them, but they have 3.2 million subs on youtubez http://www.yogscast.com/about/contact-us

Nikolas Gauvreau

Jan 17, 2013, 2:24:38 PM1/17/13
to Aidanny, universe-project...@googlegroups.com
Done, thanks!

Hugo Hammarberg

Jan 17, 2013, 3:56:54 PM1/17/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
It's my pleasure to be helpful, and I would really like to see him play the game when it's done. It's his kind of game, besides horror.

Aidanny

Jan 17, 2013, 6:34:00 PM1/17/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, I gotta agree with you

Lossidian

Jan 18, 2013, 12:48:57 PM1/18/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
Nik, if you want to email me at some point, and don't mind putting your name on a charity idea, I can provide a small oppurtunity for advertising and promotion over the weekend.  I tried replying to my request to join the development forum and offer the chance to be a part of it, but the email won't reply.

Nikolas Gauvreau

Jan 18, 2013, 1:23:46 PM1/18/13
to Lossidian, universe-project...@googlegroups.com

It won't reply?? I've fallen behind on the open development applications due to the recent activity with the donation site, but ill try to remember to check it soon.

As for the promotion, make sure the primary site is working before you try something. Been having end issues lately that miiight be launchrock related. Do you need anything from me?

On 2013-01-18 12:48 PM, "Lossidian" <wiggi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Nik, if you want to email me at some point, and don't mind putting your name on a charity idea, I can provide a small oppurtunity for advertising and promotion over the weekend.  I tried replying to my request to join the development forum and offer the chance to be a part of it, but the email won't reply.

Lossidian

Jan 18, 2013, 1:32:20 PM1/18/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com, Lossidian
Yeah it's giving some error saying the domain doesn't exist.  In addition, the domain is leading to a loop or 404 I haven't bothered figuring out which one it is yet sorry ^^".

The promotion is actually a charity event part my team is going to hold(including me).  We're hoping it might take off so that we can make it a weekly thing.  My current thoughts are that we may take in special guest callers who are looking to advertise there own things.  I don't want to get into too much detail here without your permission though, but it will take place approx 9pm-7am(EST) tonight, and tomorrow night.

Lossidian

Jan 18, 2013, 1:45:39 PM1/18/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com, Lossidian
I'm hoping that explains what I would ask of you ^^"

Vadim Pelyushenko

Mar 13, 2013, 10:06:04 PM3/13/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
What about Tobuscus(youtube guy), he plays games, and has 3.2 million subscribers.

Jon Nichols

Mar 19, 2013, 4:18:39 PM3/19/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
Well...there's Notch of Minecraft fame.  He's known for supporting other indie projects by talking about them on his Twitter.  His email is No...@Mojang.com and his Twitter is www.twitter.com/notch

There is also Felicia Day, she's in to gaming in general and has a big fan-base.  Twitter www.twitter.com/feliciaday she's also on Google Plus under the same name.  I don't have her email address, however.

Daniel Einerhand

Jun 5, 2013, 6:26:33 AM6/5/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
You could try to contact Gronkh a German Lets player with 1.6 million subscribers heres his Twitter: https://twitter.com/gronkh. Also you could try to contact Pewdiepie a swedisch lets player with more than 8 mil subs on youtube with this form: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?fromEmail=true&formkey=dHFIQ3BFNTdfRVN0RXB5M3N4T3JFM3c6MQ.

Drake Rush

Aug 12, 2013, 11:07:55 AM8/12/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
Captainsparkelz on youtube 4mil+ subs etc. He doesn't have his e-mail up for public display(that i know of), but he does have a page on his forums where you can contact him here it is: http://www.captainsparklezblog.com/contact/
Hope this help's ;)

Drake Rush

Aug 12, 2013, 11:09:41 AM8/12/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
I should also probably add that 99.99% of his channel is gaming and 99% of that is probably minecraft(and a lot of minecrafter's are seemingly interested in this, it's just a similar mindset)