undefined symbol: ast_speech_change_state

Jeremy Whittington

Aug 20, 2018, 4:48:53 PM8/20/18
to UniMRCP
We are currently trying to setup Asterisk 15 + UniMRCP 1.5.0 + UniMRCP for Asterisk 1.5.1.

When we run "module load res_speech_unimrcp.so" we get the following error.

[Aug 20 20:23:20] WARNING[27289]: loader.c:577 load_dlopen: Error loading module 'res_speech_unimrcp.so': /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/res_speech_unimrcp.so: undefined symbol: ast_speech_change_state

[Aug 20 20:23:20] WARNING[27289]: loader.c:1176 load_resource: Module 'res_speech_unimrcp.so' could not be loaded.
Unable to load module res_speech_unimrcp.so
Command 'module load res_speech_unimrcp.so' failed.

I believe we have everything installed correctly and in the right place. I have verified the following files.

/usr/lib/asterisk/modules# ls *unimrcp*
app_unimrcp.la app_unimrcp.so res_speech_unimrcp.la res_speech_unimrcp.so

/etc/asterisk# ls res-speech-unimrcp.conf
res-speech-unimrcp.conf

/etc/asterisk# ls mrcp.conf
mrcp.conf

We have only made minimal configuration changes to mrcp.conf and added the 127.0.0.1 loopback.

Arsen Chaloyan

Aug 20, 2018, 7:51:42 PM8/20/18
to UniMRCP
Hi Jeremy,

What is the full version of Asterisk 15 you use. This reminds me of another problem having an unknown origin and reported here

Is it possible you have multiple versions of Asterisk installed, where UniMRCP modules are built against one version but loaded by another.

Configuration does not matter at this stage. This is purely a build related problem.

What is the output of .\configure script for the UniMRCP modules.

Arsen Chaloyan
Author of UniMRCP
http://www.unimrcp.org

Jeremy Whittington

Aug 21, 2018, 12:52:24 PM8/21/18
to UniMRCP
Arsen,

We are running the latest, Asterisk 15.5.0. We were able to get the modules loaded.

We did not have the following dependencies loaded.
  • res_speech.so
  • app_speech_untils.so
They were not in modules.conf by default. After we loaded them we were able to load res_speech_unimrcp.so.

Jeremy

Arsen Chaloyan

Aug 21, 2018, 11:03:23 PM8/21/18
to UniMRCP
Jeremy,

Glad the problem is resolved. However, both res_speech.so and app_speech_utils.so are supposed to be loaded by default. You normally do not have to make any changes in modules.conf.

I have just built and installed Asterisk 15.5.0 and UniMRCP modules for Asterisk 1.5.1 from source without making any changes in sample configuration. Everything works as used to.