HunchWorks User Experience design Launch

Chris van der Walt

May 20, 2011, 8:19:58 PM5/20/11
to UN Global Pulse - User Interface
Hi Everyone,

We are very happy to announce that we have just had the kick off
workshop with Adaptive Path for the HunchWorks (note the name change
due to a conflict) user experience design project. Adaptive Path have
been kind enough to donate a team of four – P.J. Onori, Todd Elliot,
Trina Hancock, and Dane Petersen to help us for an initial period of
four weeks.

Design Process

• We will be developing the HunchWorks UX in a series of weekly design
sprints and we need your help to provide feedback and suggestions as
we progress.
• The Adaptive Path team will lead development and provide outputs for
review on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
• In order to iterate rapidly, the Global Pulse team and community
(i.e. y’all) will be aiming to turn around feedback and inputs for the
following week’s sprint on Fridays.
• Of course we welcome discussion and inputs through out.

Kick off workshop

We had a great kick off discussion and planning session with the
Adaptive Path team. After some great discussion and ideation, we have
narrowed the focus of the UX initial design sprints to 5 key areas
(keeping in mind the very pragmatic context of producing a working
prototype this summer):

1. Connecting people:
How can users join the community and quickly establish trusted
networks?

2. Trust for users:
What mechanisms need to be built for users to establish trusted
relationships and to be able to easily set up their privacy settings
according to the requirements of their work and environment? What risk
mitigation measures need to be built in? How is reputation
established?

3. Hunch merging:
How do hunches interact with each other? Can they fork? Can they be
aggregated? Who controls these mechanisms? What about contravening
hunches?

4. Verifying Hunches:
How is a hunch verified? What kinds of evidence are attached? How do
people vote on hunches and evidence? Should there be different models
of verification?

5. Hunch Evolution:
What is the life cycle of a hunch?

Next week we start designing in earnest, so watch this space…