Unfiltered 0.5.1, our github org, and a note on unfiltered-scalate

Nathan Hamblen

Oct 9, 2011, 7:01:56 PM10/9/11
to unfilter...@googlegroups.com
Unfiltered 0.5.1 is out, with lots of good contributions:
http://implicit.ly/unfiltered-051

In fact, you guys have been contributing so much code I felt bad having
Unfiltered all under my github account, so it isn't anymore. Welcome to
the Unfiltered Software organization!
https://github.com/unfiltered/unfiltered

Please update your bookmarks and git remotes, because they won't work
anymore. And there are probably a hundred different git commands that
will update your remote, but I always just go in and make the obvious
edits to .git/config

Re: unfiltered-scalate

There isn't a published unfiltered-scalate_2.8.2 artifact because there
still isn't a Scalate compatible with Scala 2.8.2, as far as I can tell.
The gap made our cross-publishing process far more complicated and error
prone, and it will be confusing for anyone who tries to use 2.8.2 with
that module.

Unless anyone has a better idea, I'm going to take unfiltered-scalate
out of the main project tree and declare it a "git dependency" as I have
done for the API integration modules of Dispatch [1] and am planning to
do for dispatch-lift-json as well. Scala libraries that are not
aggressively cross-published are very difficult to depend on from
libraries that are cross-published. Thanks to git dependencies we can
continue to offer these kinds of modules, but with much less maintenance
and a relatively small inconvenience for users.

[1]: http://dispatch.databinder.net/Project+Setup.html

Nathan

Jim Powers

Oct 10, 2011, 4:45:15 PM10/10/11
to unfilter...@googlegroups.com
Super-fantastic news!

I switched to the new organization GitHub repo but I don't see a 0.5.1 tag.  Am I missing something?

--
Jim Powers

Nathan Hamblen

Oct 10, 2011, 4:46:54 PM10/10/11
On 10/10/2011 04:45 PM, Jim Powers wrote:
> Super-fantastic news!
>
> I switched to the new organization GitHub repo but I don't see a 0.5.1
> tag. Am I missing something?

I did tag but must have forgotten to git push --tags, will do that tonight.

Nathan