Umple status update - Open Sourcing is Effectively Complete

Timothy Lethbridge

Apr 27, 2011, 11:11:48 AM4/27/11
to Umple Model Oriented Programming Technology
The Umple open source version is ready to use. Development continues at a
rapid pace. We have completed open-sourcing the vast majority of Umple,
including the compiler, the Eclipse plugin and UmpleOnline.

Recent additions include better support for Interfaces. The signatures of
base-language methods are now parsed too.

Here's what is coming up:

* We are moving from our own parser to an XText-based parsing technology,
which generates the metamodel in Ecore

* We are adding a tracing sublanguage to allow generation of tracing
(dynamic analysis) directives from within a model

* GUI generation from a model is being added. This was created some time
ago for Julian Solano's thesis, but we are now in the process of
open-sourcing the work.

* We are working towards adding C++ code generation.

We invite you to use Umple for development of any software or as a
contributer to Umple itself.

Here are some handy easy-to-type links to various aspects of the Umple
project.

http://code.umple.org -> The google code site where we are hosting Umple.
If you have a google account you can become a contributer

http://try.umple.org -> A quick link to UmpleOnline, where you can try out
the language.

http://wiki.umple.org -> A wiki maintained on the Google code site where
help and documentation resides

http://bugs.umple.org -> The system where we are maintaining our list of
issues.

http://blog.umple.org -> Blog posts from Tim Lethbridge's blog that refer
to Umple.

list.umple.org -> The Umple mailing list.

http://trunk.umple.org -> Quick link to the root of the source code tree
for Umple

http://cc.umple.org -> The Cruise Control continuous integration build
server for Umple. Any time changes are committed to Umple, a build will
automatically occur, and the results of the build will be visible here.

http://qa.umple.org -> Results of the automatic testing of Umple.

http://www.umple.org -> The umple home page we maintain on our own
servers.

Timothy C. Lethbridge, PhD, P.Eng., I.S.P., CSDP
Professor of Software Engineering and Computer Science
/ Professeur Titulaire de gï¿œnie logiciel et d'informatique
Facultᅵ de genie / Faculty of Engineering
University of Ottawa / Universitᅵ d'Ottawa
Tel: 613-562-5800x6685 Fax: 613-562-5664 Mobile: 613-252-1850
http://www.site.uottawa.ca/~tcl