Umple update: Improvements over the last few months

Timothy Lethbridge

Jun 14, 2012, 4:50:16 PM6/14/12
to Umple Model Oriented Programming Technology
Every few months I email this list to let users know about improvements in
Umple. Here is what has been going on since February, when I last
reported:

1. Improvements in the User manual
- A new API reference guide: http://api.umple.org
- A privacy statement: http://privacy.umple.org
- Nicely formatted grammer: http://grammar.umple.org
- A Custom Google search box to search the manual and wiki
+ many other small improvements

2. Improvements to UmpleOnline
- Syntax highlighting
- Bugs fixed that sometimes it caused problems when things were deleted

3. New elease of Umple with many small bug fixes
- Immutable associations and classes
- Improved transfer of comments to the generated code and JavaDoc
- Better command-line options
- Better SQL generation
- Autotransitions in state machines
- Numerous other bug fixes which can be seen at:
http://code.google.com/p/umple/issues/list?can=1&q=closed-after%3A2012%2F2%2F1&sort=-id
- To try out the latest umple go to
http://try.umple.org
- To download the latest Umple go to
http://dl.umple.org

4. Ongoing work
- MOTL (tracing sublanguage)
- Real-time extensions (active objects, queued state machines, ports
etc. are being planned)
- Some of the concepts we are working on can be seen at our draft manual
pages: http://code.google.com/p/umple/wiki/DraftManualPages
- C++ code generation

Timothy C. Lethbridge, PhD, P.Eng., I.S.P., CSDP
Professor of Software Engineering and Computer Science
/ Professeur Titulaire de gï¿œnie logiciel et d'informatique
Facultᅵ de genie / Faculty of Engineering
University of Ottawa / Universitᅵ d'Ottawa
Tel: 613-562-5800x6685 Fax: 613-562-5664 Mobile: 613-252-1850
http://www.eecs.uottawa.ca/~tcl