Welcome to the umple-help mailing list

Timothy Lethbridge

Jul 10, 2011, 9:01:54 AM7/10/11
to umple...@googlegroups.com
This mailing list and Google Group is for you to post questions about how
to program or model in Umple. All questions come to me, and I will relay
them to the responsible contributor if I cannot answer them myself.

I will also ensure that the answer finds its way into the User manual as
well http://manual.umple.org

Umple's home page is http://www.umple.org

Umple is a tool that can be used for:
- Simplifying programming, by reducing the amount of code you need to
write for many important tasks
- Modeling in UML

The types of questions you could post on this mailing list might include:

- Here is some sample Umple code that does not compile. Why?

- How do I get Umple to generate code that does <something>?

- How do I create a UML model that has <something>?

- Can umple do <something>?

- How do I get the Eclipse plugin [or UmpleOnline, or the command line
compiler] to do <something>?

Remember, that many of these questions will already have been answered in
the user manual or the wiki at http:://wiki.umple.org
The wiki has examples, videos, slide shows, and many other tools to help
you program in Umple. It also has lots of information about what Umple is
and what it can do.

If you think there is a bug, but are not quite sure, feel free to post
your query here. However if you do find something that is certainly a bug,
please file it at http://bugs.umple.org

If you are not merely an Umple programmer or modeler, but want to
contribute to Umple, you can obtain the code yourself at
http://code.umple.org and make changes. There is lots of documentation in
the Wiki designed for contributers, If you need help contributing and have
looked at all the documentation, then you can post your question on the
umpl...@googlegroups.com mailing list.

Timothy C. Lethbridge, PhD, P.Eng., I.S.P., CSDP
Professor of Software Engineering and Computer Science
/ Professeur Titulaire de gï¿œnie logiciel et d'informatique
Facultᅵ de genie / Faculty of Engineering
University of Ottawa / Universitᅵ d'Ottawa
Tel: 613-562-5800x6685 Fax: 613-562-5664 Mobile: 613-252-1850
http://www.eecs.uottawa.ca/~tcl

Jamal Abdali

Jun 12, 2014, 2:52:28 PM6/12/14
to umple...@googlegroups.com
Dear Sir,

I am interested in using Umple for my research project, and I wonder if Umple supports the graphical or textual specification of instances of the classes we declare with Umple,

Regards,

Jamal Abdali

Timothy Lethbridge

Jun 12, 2014, 3:22:27 PM6/12/14
to Jamal Abdali, umple...@googlegroups.com
Umple supports textual specification of classes. It is for programming and
modeling.

Umple doesn't support creating instance diagrams, since that is outside
its scope.

You can create instances textually in any of Umple's generated languages
(Java, C++ etc.) using Umple methods written in any of those langauges

Tim
> / Professeur Titulaire de gï¿?nie logiciel et d'informatique
> Facultï¿? de genie / Faculty of Engineering
> University of Ottawa / Universitï¿? d'Ottawa
> --

Timothy C. Lethbridge, PhD, P.Eng., I.S.P., CSDP
Professor of Software Engineering and Computer Science
/ Professeur Titulaire de génie logiciel et d'informatique
and Vice-Dean (governance) / et vice-doyen (gouvernance)
Faculté de genie / Faculty of Engineering
University of Ottawa / Université d'Ottawa