Proposed Syntax for the model filter

1 view

Vivian Kou

Feb 14, 2015, 4:27:10 PM2/14/15
to umpl...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

The following wiki page contains the proposed syntax for the model filter regarding issue 651.
https://code.google.com/p/umple/wiki/Umple_model_filter?ts=1423941927&updated=Umple_model_filter

Please leave any comments or concerns on the wiki page or email me directly.

Regards,
Vivian

Timothy Lethbridge

Feb 14, 2015, 4:39:04 PM2/14/15
to umpl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vivian,

I made a few adjustments
- I made the grammar rule names not confluct with existing rule names
- I made filter name optional
- I pointed out that this would affect all code generation

As for 'related', I think that the default, without the word related,
would be to just show the filtered classes and the relationships between
*them* (if any). If the word related, then it adds one level extra. I will
let you make this adjustment.

Tim
> --

Timothy C. Lethbridge, PhD, P.Eng., I.S.P., CSDP
Professor of Software Engineering and Computer Science
/ Professeur Titulaire de génie logiciel et d'informatique
and Vice-Dean (governance) / et vice-doyen (gouvernance)
Faculté de genie / Faculty of Engineering
University of Ottawa / Université d'Ottawa
Tel: 613-562-5800x6685 Fax: 613-562-5664 Mobile: 613-252-1850
http://www.eecs.uottawa.ca/~tcl

Vivian Kou

Andrew Forward

Feb 17, 2015, 11:19:06 PM2/17/15
to Umple Development Discussions

See my edits to the examples directly in the wiki.

In particular:
  • I changed -f to -a and --apply (to avoid being confused with "file" for f).
  • I renamed applyFilter to just apply
  • I re-worked the look of the filters a bit
I think this is good enough to proceed implementing the ideas.  Please do things in small workdable chunks, and don't forget to undo the "Diagram" functionality that was added during one of the live-coding sessions to demonstrate TDD.

andrew f

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/umple-dev.

aforward