New regression testing in full build - Java for all examples compiled

Timothy Lethbridge

Feb 15, 2018, 8:50:02 AM2/15/18
to Umple Development Discussions
Hi,

To continue to improve the quality of Umple, I have activated a major test
task that has long been ready, but not activated. From now on, all full
builds will include Java compilation of examples in the user manual (342
found in umpleonline/ump/manualexamples) and umpleonline (96 found in
umpleonline/ump).

I have actvated this because regressions were starting to creep in that
were not covered by the main test cases.

This results in a full build taking about 50% longer, so be prepared. My
suggestion is that during development you do basic compiling and core
tests, and then run the full build when you think you are ready.

Java code is generated for all examples unless they have a comment in them
that includes @@@skipcompile or @@@skipjavacompile There are some examples
that just have no valid Java (e.g. they have C++ only, or just stubs, or
are desgined to generate error messages).

Later on I will activate compilation of generated PhP, Ruby and C++ for
all the examples, however currently there remain some bugs in generation
of compilable coe , particularly of PhP and C++, for some of the examples.

Tim

Timothy C. Lethbridge, PhD, P.Eng., I.S.P., CSDP
Professor of Software Engineering and Computer Science
/ Professeur Titulaire de génie logiciel et d'informatique
Faculté de genie / Faculty of Engineering
University of Ottawa / Université d'Ottawa
Tel: 613-562-5800x6685 Fax: 613-562-5664 Mobile: 613-252-1850
http://www.eecs.uottawa.ca/~tcl