UmpleOnline running at a page of 50,000 commands per day!

Timothy Lethbridge

Oct 16, 2017, 4:10:36 PM10/16/17
to Umple Development Discussions
Hi,

So right now, with universities having assignments due, UmpleOnline is
running at a pace of 50,000 commands per day.

For the most part, as long as its internal server keeps running smoothly,
it has been keeping up with the demand, with little apparent degradation
of service! This is way, way better than in previous semesters.

However, there have been three periods when an 'infinite loop' bug has
occurred (one period was last night). This causes a fallback to the old
behaviour (no worse then the old behaviour, but still pretty pathetic)
until I can manually stop the runaway instance. I will be working through
the crash reports I have been getting as a result of these bugs and will
raise issues shortly. I will also try to set up something to catch and
kill the runaway commands that are in infinite loops.

Timothy C. Lethbridge, PhD, P.Eng., I.S.P., CSDP
Professor of Software Engineering and Computer Science
/ Professeur Titulaire de génie logiciel et d'informatique
Faculté de genie / Faculty of Engineering
University of Ottawa / Université d'Ottawa
Tel: 613-562-5800x6685 Fax: 613-562-5664 Mobile: 613-252-1850
http://www.eecs.uottawa.ca/~tcl