Move to Git imminent

Timothy Lethbridge

Aug 18, 2015, 8:01:02 AM8/18/15
to Cruise Group, Umple Development Discussions
Hi,

If you have checked out code in Google Code you need to be aware that we
are going to move to Git and abandon the Google Code repository (and the
CruiseControl system) in the coming week or two (a precise date is not
set, but it will be soon).

This is a last notice to clean up your work and check it in. If it is
incompete, that is OK, comment things out. Just ensure the build passes.

Andrew is working on getting us set up for the new environment. Expect
some learning curve, and some difficulties. We will have a new issues
system, a new wiki system, and new CM system, and will be working in Git
once everything settles out. Issues and wiki will be transferered.

Tim

Timothy C. Lethbridge, PhD, P.Eng., I.S.P., CSDP
Professor of Software Engineering and Computer Science
/ Professeur Titulaire de génie logiciel et d'informatique
and Vice-Dean (governance) / et vice-doyen (gouvernance)
Faculté de genie / Faculty of Engineering
University of Ottawa / Université d'Ottawa
Tel: 613-562-5800x6685 Fax: 613-562-5664 Mobile: 613-252-1850
http://www.eecs.uottawa.ca/~tcl

Andrew Forward

Aug 18, 2015, 8:56:49 AM8/18/15
to Umple Development Discussions, Cruise Group

Googlecode is going read only next week.  So this is a hard deadline, so requests for extensions will not be possible.

https://code.google.com/p/support/wiki/ReadOnlyTransition

The first move to Git will be largely the same as you have known with SVN, but I hope to help the team transition into a peer review process using Pull Requests (or PRs), which if you are not familiar with, can be absolutely awesome (or terribly awful) depending on the underlying process.

andrew f

--
aforward