We've migrated to Github!

Kevin Brightwell

Aug 26, 2015, 8:37:12 AM8/26/15
to umpl...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

We've officially made the split over to Github. Unfortunately, there are still some kinks in the processes so please bare with us.

We're using Github for source management, please check out this tutorial if you're not familiar with Github. Here is a tutorial on using git from the command line. I suggest searching for more if you're uncomfortable.

Please keep a copy of the Git Cheat Sheet handy!

If you received an invite to "umple-ucosp," please go to this link: https://github.com/umple and accept the invite.

If you're a developer and you haven't been invited to the umple organization and you believe you should have been, please send me a note.

IMPORTANT: The build is currently broken when you clone the repository. I will send a notice once the build works. The BuildRefactor branch is a work-in-progress to fix the build. If you have experience with Ant and Eclipse Plugin building, please reach out to myself or Andrew.

SVN -> Git: We've completely dropped SVN and thus the contribution process has changed. While a formal process is solidified use the following steps for contributing:
  1. Clone the repository, g...@github.com:umple/umple.git
  2. Create a branch for your work, git checkout -b MyFeatureBranch
  3. Commit and do your changes locally
  4. Once you're ready to push into the remote repository, push to the main repository, but using your branch, git push origin MyFeatureBranch
  5. Open a Pull Request for your branch
  6. Wait for approval before merging

These steps will be echoed into a Wiki page soon, this is temporary.

Please bring up any concerns or questions you have, we would like to make this as smooth as possible.

Cheers,

--
Kevin Brightwell. BESc., BSc.
M.E.Sc. Candidate 2017