Re: Umple Bug For PHP

1 view

Timothy Lethbridge

Apr 5, 2017, 8:31:05 AM4/5/17
to Joseph Potochny, Umple Development Discussions
Hi Joseph,

Thank-you for pointing this out.

Can you please raise an Umple issue with example code that generates the
issue. I am ccing the development team. We will be on the lookout for it.

Tim

On Tue, 4 Apr 2017, Joseph Potochny wrote:

> Dear Dr. Lethbridge,
>

> I am a software engineering student at McGill University. I am currently
> taking a class taught by Daniel Varro, and was working with some PHP code for
> a project that was generated by umple. I am getting a "nesting level too deep
> - recursion?" error whenever the "equals" method is called for one of my
> objects. My group members have been using the same umple model but with
> generated Java code, and have not had the same error. Professor Varro told me
> that you might have more information on whether this is a known bug or whether
> it is more likely that my umple model is wrong or has been generated
> incorrectly.
>

> Thank you for your time,
>

> Regards,
>
> Joseph Potochny

Timothy C. Lethbridge, PhD, P.Eng., I.S.P., CSDP
Professor of Software Engineering and Computer Science
/ Professeur Titulaire de génie logiciel et d'informatique
and Vice-Dean (governance) / et vice-doyen (gouvernance)
Faculté de genie / Faculty of Engineering
University of Ottawa / Université d'Ottawa
Tel: 613-562-5800x6685 Fax: 613-562-5664 Mobile: 613-252-1850
http://www.eecs.uottawa.ca/~tcl

Timothy Lethbridge

Apr 5, 2017, 1:05:36 PM4/5/17
to Joseph Potochny, Umple Development Discussions
Hi,

Java 8 is needed to compile Umple itself. However, if you are running the
compiler under a Java 7 VM and it doesn't crash, then I think that should
not be the cause of such a bug. So yes, create an issue. It should take 5
minutes. I can't possibly diagnose it or assign to a team member without
seeing code that cuases such a problem.

Thanks
Tim