Replacement of Jet pending!

1 view

Timothy Lethbridge

Mar 13, 2016, 3:20:41 PM3/13/16
to Umple Development Discussions
Hi,

As you can see in
https://github.com/umple/umple/issues/708

We are now on the cusp of cutting over from Jet to UmpleTL (our built-in
template language). The Jet templates will soon all cease to be used in
building Umple; they will all be converted to UmpleTL and from that point
onwards specificatiomgeneration will be done in Umple itself.

That means that for anyone who is in the middle of making edits based on
Jet, we will need ASAP to merge the Jet changes, so they get converted.
Please let us know if you are in this situation.

And please don't set out on any new development work requiring Jet changes
from this point onwards unless it is urgent and you can get a pull request
merged in the next few days.

I am going to do a release before the cutover and after so we have
benchmarks to compare the two versions of the compiler.

Thanks

Timothy C. Lethbridge, PhD, P.Eng., I.S.P., CSDP
Professor of Software Engineering and Computer Science
/ Professeur Titulaire de génie logiciel et d'informatique
and Vice-Dean (governance) / et vice-doyen (gouvernance)
Faculté de genie / Faculty of Engineering
University of Ottawa / Université d'Ottawa
Tel: 613-562-5800x6685 Fax: 613-562-5664 Mobile: 613-252-1850
http://www.eecs.uottawa.ca/~tcl

Andrew Forward

Mar 13, 2016, 7:16:20 PM3/13/16
to Umple Development Discussions