Fwd: Scholar Alert - New citations to my articles

1 view

Omar Bahy Badreddin

Apr 6, 2015, 12:59:30 PM4/6/15
to Umple Development Discussions
Hi,

The paper below references Umple. Their assessment is favorable of the code generation of composite state machines in Umple. However, they report an error at depth 3 and 4!!

Omar..

[PDF] State Machine Flattening, a Mapping Study and Tools Assessment

X Devroey, M Cordy, PY Schobbens, A Legay…
Abstract—State machine formalisms equipped with hierarchy and parallelism allow to
compactly model complex system behaviours. Such models can then be transformed into
executable code or inputs for model-based testing and verification techniques. Generated ...

Andrew Forward

Apr 6, 2015, 3:40:45 PM4/6/15
to Umple Development Discussions

Hey Omar,

Can you post a link to the umple code they used when performing their tests, so that we can create a bug to address the issue.

If you do not have it handy, then I dig into the paper and/or reach out to the authors directly.

Thanks for the reference.

andrew f

aforward

Omar Bahy Badreddin

Apr 6, 2015, 8:27:06 PM4/6/15
to Umple Development Discussions
I do not know which code or against which release they tested their code, sorry.

Omar..

Timothy Lethbridge

Apr 7, 2015, 8:01:34 AM4/7/15
to Umple Development Discussions
Hi,

The paper isn't very good if it doesn't give enough explanation of
whatever the problem is. Someone should try to figure out what they are
complaining about and contact them if it is not clear.

That said, papers often take a year or two to get published. We have fixed
a lot of bugs in state machines over the last two years, and have been
building up our set of test cases. We may have fixed what they found.

Tim

On Mon, 6 Apr 2015, Omar Bahy Badreddin wrote:

> I do not know which code or against which release they tested their code,
> sorry.
>

> Omar..
>
> On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 12:40 PM, Andrew Forward <afor...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hey Omar,
>
> Can you post a link to the umple code they used when performing their
> tests, so that we can create a bug to address the issue.
>
> If you do not have it handy, then I dig into the paper and/or reach
> out to the authors directly.
>
> Thanks for the reference.
>
> andrew f
>

> On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 12:59 PM, Omar Bahy Badreddin
> <oob...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The paper below references Umple. Their assessment is favorable
> of the code generation of composite state machines in Umple.
> However, they report an error at depth 3 and 4!!
>

> Omar..
>

> [PDF] State Machine Flattening, a Mapping Study and Tools Assessment
>
> X Devroey, M Cordy, PY Schobbens, A Legay?
> Abstract?State machine formalisms equipped with hierarchy and
Timothy C. Lethbridge, PhD, P.Eng., I.S.P., CSDP
Professor of Software Engineering and Computer Science
/ Professeur Titulaire de génie logiciel et d'informatique
and Vice-Dean (governance) / et vice-doyen (gouvernance)
Faculté de genie / Faculty of Engineering
University of Ottawa / Université d'Ottawa
Tel: 613-562-5800x6685 Fax: 613-562-5664 Mobile: 613-252-1850
http://www.eecs.uottawa.ca/~tcl