scopus adapter

Jonathan Rochkind

May 8, 2014, 1:56:44 PM5/8/14
to umlaut-...@googlegroups.com
I think maybe nobody other than me is using the scopus adapter?

In case you are, Scopus is deprecating the API's used by the previous
adapter. They'll stop working Dec 31.

I have committed a new Scopus2 adapter to the repo (not yet in a tagged
release). It is based on new Scopus API's, and requires registering for
a new Scopus API key.

Haven't put it in production yet, but seems to work great, and it is
pretty well covered by automated tests. It's also a decent example of
writing tests for a service adapter, this time using `vcr` to record
http transactions with third party services.

The new Scopus2 adapter no longer makes the Scopus abstract available to
the user, because the abstract is forbidden to be shared by current
Scopus terms of service.

Jonathan