Openurls with one or more of its keys provided in all-caps

Albert Bertram

Nov 10, 2016, 3:26:43 PM11/10/16
to Umlaut
Hi,

We ran into an openurl from psychinfo that was an 0.1 version openurl, and the id variable had been provided in all-caps.  Here's a specific example.  It stood out to us because our link resolver backend failed to resolve it correctly when it didn't have the ID passed on.

I can work around this locally, but I was wondering whether there would be interest in me proposing changes to either the openurl gem or umlaut to handle this type of mangled openurl.

Thanks!

Albert

PHILLIPS, MATTHEW E.

Nov 11, 2016, 4:41:01 AM11/11/16
to umlaut-...@googlegroups.com

That would be useful – we are all just as likely to hit that kind of issue.

Matthew

--

Matthew Phillips

Head of Digital and Bibliographic Services,

Durham University Library, Stockton Road, Durham, DH1 3LY

+44 (0)191 334 2941