Umlaut & 360 Link

Ken Varnum

Jan 14, 2016, 11:08:04 AM1/14/16
to Umlaut
Have any Umlaut users connected Umlaut to the 360 Link API? If so, I'd like to hear about your experiences.

Ken Varnum
Senior Program Manager
  for Discovery, Delivery, and Learning Analytics
University Library
University of Michigan

PHILLIPS M.E.

Jan 14, 2016, 11:18:40 AM1/14/16
to umlaut-...@googlegroups.com

At Durham we are using Umlaut with WebBridge from Innovative Interfaces.  As far as I know we are the only user not using Umlaut with SFX.  If you have a link to documentation on the 360 Link API, I could take a look if you like and give you my assessment of how hard it would be to integrate Umlaut with it.  It would probably only be a matter of writing a single service adaptor.  I just took the SFX adaptor and adapted it J

Matthew

Ken Varnum

Jan 14, 2016, 4:06:23 PM1/14/16
to umlaut-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Matthew -- I appreciate the information.

The API documentation is pretty poor (and behind Serials' Solutions customer login). A sample XML output that the API generates is here:

I have colleagues here who could help with the adapter; I suspect it won't be all that tricky. I was asking more about any unexpected issues with the way the API or the data were implemented, if any.

Ken

--
Ken Varnum
Senior Program Manager for Discovery, Delivery, and Learning Analytics
Library Information Technology
University of Michigan Library

Ross Singer

Jan 14, 2016, 4:59:44 PM1/14/16
to umlaut-...@googlegroups.com
Ken, it should be *really* trivial to crib from the SFX parser for 360Link:  we (Talis) have written parsers for both and, although the XPaths are different, and services are grouped differently, they follow a really similar pattern.

It helps to think of what both of them produce as more of an 'XML output' as opposed to an API.

Are you familiar with the SFX XML output?

-Ross.

PHILLIPS M.E.

Jan 15, 2016, 8:56:18 AM1/15/16
to umlaut-...@googlegroups.com