Where is Umbraco headed with TinyMCE? (i.e. Programmatically adding styles to TinyMCE or bust)

devin...@gmail.com

Apr 2, 2014, 10:37:43 AM4/2/14
to umbra...@googlegroups.com
I know that Umbraco is in the process of separating TinyMCE as a dependency for working with the backend. I would like to programmatically add styles to this thing, but before I spend a bunch of time trying to figure out how to do that, I would like to know where Umbraco is headed with this. If I remember correctly, Per mentioned at uWestFest that Umbraco has plans to remove TinyMCE as a strongly coupled dependency, at least to that effect on some level. I am hoping to find a text editor (in JQuery/Angular/JavaScript/XML/whatever) that I can extend. Has anybody made additional progress, or are there any further developments, in this area? I would like to know where Umbraco is headed.

Also, if anyone has a suggestion about how to proceed regarding programmatically adding styles to TinyMCE, I would much appreciate that. The documentation at the URL below would require that I either spend hours clicking the buttons or writing a UI script that just clicks the buttons for me. There must be a cleaner way to do this.

http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/how-tos/customizing-the-wysiwyg-rich-text-editor-(tinymce)/add-styles-to-the-drop-down-menu-for-editors-to-use

Per Ploug

Apr 3, 2014, 6:19:45 AM4/3/14
to umbra...@googlegroups.com
the old stylesheet api has a way for you to create seperate css properties that you can inject into tinymce, like in the link below:

umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.StylesheetProperty.MakeNew()

That could automate the work for you

/Per

Devin Bost

Apr 7, 2014, 3:19:36 AM4/7/14