Small fix for MySQL and 7.2.2 (probalby applicable for more verisons) but where to put setting?

Jonas Skoogh

Feb 26, 2015, 10:20:54 AM2/26/15
to umbra...@googlegroups.com
Hey.

I have made a change so that users of MySQL can "turn off" the capitalization of the database-tables. I have a customer where I run Umbraco and the host has MySQL in lower_case_table_names = 0. This creates a problem when trying to do the questions with the "old" db-layer as i will (without configuration possibilities) upper case the SQL-queries.

This does not work when you have MySQL in lower_case_table_names=0 on a linux-machine (probably alot of the installations out there). So if we just skip that part (yes, I actually just changed 1 row in the code) the system seems to work perfect.

But now to the question, this has to be configurable. Otherwise other/older installations will probably fail (or all the tables have to be renamed when the system is case sensitive). So, where do I put the configuration-variable?
I have been reading in the guidelines, but could not find anything about this.

Regards,
</Jonas>

mar...@mwagil.com.br

May 19, 2015, 11:52:14 AM5/19/15
to umbra...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jonas, I'm new in Umbraco and I'm trying to install a new project in 7.2.2 version (same as yours) in MYSQL database, but I'm getting some errors and the installation is not completing.

I posted about this error in Our Umbraco (https://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/63172-Umbraco-722-and-MySql-Database), one of the answers in forum led me to your post.

So, I'd like to know if something changed since February/2015, do you know if the newer Umbraco versions are coming with the "lower_case_table_names = 0" correction? If not, could you please explain me where you've changed the Umbraco configuration code to get the instalation in MySQL completed?

Thank you,
Marcelo

Jonas Skoogh

Jun 1, 2015, 7:48:39 AM6/1/15
to umbra...@googlegroups.com, mar...@mwagil.com.br
Hey Marcelo.

Sorry for the late answer.
I can try and extract my code and send in a patch-request. I ended up making a AppSetting in the config for it.
And as far as my testing goes it works fine on MySQL with lower_case_table_names=0 on a linux-machine.

Feels a bit sad that the community did not answer me on how and where to put the variables for this or the code will just be on my machine.
But I'll try to remember to fix with this as soon as I can. Please remember me if I forget! :)

Regards,
</Jonas>

mar...@mwagil.com.br

Jun 2, 2015, 12:03:43 PM6/2/15
to umbra...@googlegroups.com, mar...@mwagil.com.br
Hi Jonas,

No problem and thank you for spend some time to reply me :)

I feel that the community doesn't care too much about MySQL Databases, it's a pity...

Talking now about your solution, It would be too bad if you send me your web.config? Because my problem is, I'm from Brazil and here the hosting plans with Sql Server are very expensive, so I'm very interested in get the Umbraco running on MySQL.

Another doubt, the lower_case_table_names=0, Do I need to set for my entire MySQL database or it is possible to set only for the umbraco schema/user?

Is there some issue track opened at issues.umbraco.org regarding your patch/solution? If yes, send me the link to vote, who knows one day they include your solution.

Thank you,
Marcelo