Umbraco.Web/Standalon

lusc...@gmail.com

Feb 26, 2015, 9:11:23 AM2/26/15
to umbra...@googlegroups.com
Hi everybody.

What is the whole Standalone thing - I assume you can manage Umbraco over PowerShell with that? Why is this part internal?

- https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/tree/dev-v7/src/Umbraco.Web/Standalone

I want to understand how this whole BootManager thing work - and this code is a start for my project. I want to create a BootManager, that can bootup only some parts. Like only bootup with database-access, so I can read and write some Members or even MemberTypes and add some Member-Properties etc. Or bootup with database, and media access to upload some medias to some nodes etc.

Are there some documentation about the whole bootup process in Umbraco?

My background: We develop privat Plugins for Umbraco 7. We host Umbraco and install this plugin over a fancy interface. It started with one customer and we are now growing. With this growing we need to maintain all instances. Our big concern is maintaining the "Document Types". Now we do this manually, with export and import over the web-interface. Our tool works with PowerShell - updating Umbraco and updating our code. So from my point of view, this could be our Managing interface.

Best regards.