Grid editor - UI/UX obstacle

michal....@gmail.com

Mar 11, 2015, 6:31:05 AM3/11/15
to umbra...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
in our company we did some user testing on Umbraco Grid Editor.
We found some issues, which complicates usage of grid editor for people who editing content (actually bellow are points which breaks implementing umbraco for cliens in our company).

1) - UX - Name of inserted property editor is not shown for user. If user inserts some content block, there is no possible way how to get what type this block is. It breaks UX heuristics: "Recognition rather than recall". There is issue and pull request http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-6294

2) - UI - In our company we have standard for content editing. We enforce that, administration of content has to have same styles as the live site. This is imporant for better UX. We would like to suggest to import styles for grid editor for administration. It breaks UX heuristics: "Consistency and standards"
Current solution thru grid.editors.config is not covering all style options we need. Also set styles in config is bad architecture decision. Issue is here http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-6298

Thank you for Grid editor, it is great
and thank you for considering our UX/UI obstacles.

Michal Koblasa
Perspectivo s.r.o.

Craig Stevens

Mar 26, 2015, 1:47:04 PM3/26/15