Unnecessary internal/swallowed MissingMemberException in DeepCloneHelper

Andrey Shchekin

Nov 29, 2015, 5:11:47 PM11/29/15
to Umbraco development
Hi all,
I have an integration tests scenario where setup calls GetAllTypeDefinitions() many times.
I'm going to improve that, however I found one Umbraco part that might be worth improving.

For properties that are IDictionary it throws MissingMemberException, and that happens a lot in my tests.
It makes the debugging slower and interferes with "Break on All Exceptions".

I have one definite change and one potential change I want to make there:
1. (Definite) Check that type is an interface/abstract class and skip attempt to create an instance
2. (Potenial) Handle Dictionaries.

What do you think about it?

Cheers,
Andrey