Re: Digest for umbraco-dev@googlegroups.com - 1 update in 1 topic

Anthony Dang

Jan 3, 2015, 9:09:33 AM1/3/15
to umbra...@googlegroups.com

"The other question we need to ask is how important people think having MVC 5/WebApi 2 support is, or if people would simply just be happy to wait for the upgrade in v8."

V8 makes sense.

On 3 Jan 2015 10:20, <umbra...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Aaron Powell <m...@aaron-powell.com>: Jan 03 09:27AM +1100

The reason the strict dependency in Umbraco is a problem for me is that Umbraco is a CMS, it’s good at doing content management but it is not good at describing how I should write my application.

One thing that I’ve always liked about Umbraco over other CMSs that I’ve used is that it gets out of my way in generating HTML, meaning I can do as crazy a HTML design as my designers come up with. I’d like a similar thing with the dev side, if I want to use MVC5 Umbraco shouldn’t prevent me, it shouldn’t have to ship it in-the-box but through binding redirects there should be no reason I should have to recompile Umbraco.

Jan 4, 2015, 5:19:54 AM1/4/15
to umbra...@googlegroups.com
@anth Your reply seems to have have gone in to a different thread