When I save a 5-minute recording, it only saves 3:00 minutes of it

VCIII

Aug 14, 2013, 11:26:45 AM8/14/13
to ultra-voi...@googlegroups.com
Anyone else have this problem? Whenever my recording is longer than 3 minutes, when I save it as a Favorite, the app only saves the first 3 minutes of the recording. This has been happening ever since the app started saving Favorites in OGG format.

Kimusoft

Aug 15, 2013, 5:37:42 AM8/15/13

On Wednesday, August 14, 2013 11:26:45 AM UTC-4, VCIII wrote:
Anyone else have this problem? Whenever my recording is longer than 3 minutes, when I save it as a Favorite, the app only saves the first 3 minutes of the recording. This has been happening ever since the app started saving Favorites in OGG format.

This is by design, so that if you email a favorite to someone, you don't inadvertently send a large megabytes+ file. Over a WiFi connection, it's not a big deal, but if you're using your phone's 3G/4G connection, this could use up your available data quota fairly quickly..

If you email a 3 minute long favorite (in ogg format), it should be approximately 750 kilobytes in size.

Out of curiosity, what are you using the 5 minute recordings for ? I'm just curious. It's fine if you don't want to answer :).

Kim