Re: QubicSDR on the Pi3?

Larry Dighera

Jun 7, 2016, 4:14:16 PM6/7/16
to ultra-c...@googlegroups.com

Here's how to successfully build CubicSDR under Debbie Jessie on the Raspberry
Pi3.

The script below was adapted from the information on this page
<https://github.com/cjcliffe/CubicSDR/wiki/Build-Linux>, and reflects the
commands that resulted in the successful build. You may find the formatting
less than optimal due to autocratic-wardwrapping.

# Building CubicSDR for Linux
# This script will successfully build CubicSDR under Debian Jessie on the
Raspberry Pi3.
# Adapted from https://github.com/cjcliffe/CubicSDR/wiki/Build-Linux
# Larry Dighera June 7, 2016
# LDig...@att.net

apt-get install git build-essential automake cmake
apt-get install libpulse-dev libgtk-3-dev
apt-get install freeglut3 freeglut3-dev
mkdir cubicsdr && cd cubicsdr
git clone https://github.com/pothosware/SoapySDR.git
cd SoapySDR
mkdir build && cd build
cmake ../ -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release
make -j4
make install
ldconfig
SoapySDRUtil --info #test SoapySDR install
cd ..
git clone https://github.com/jgaeddert/liquid-dsp
cd liquid-dsp
./bootstrap.sh
./configure --enable-fftoverride
make -j4
make install
ldconfig
cd ..
wget
https://github.com/wxWidgets/wxWidgets/releases/download/v3.1.0/wxWidgets-3.1.0.tar.bz2
tar -xvjf wxWidgets-3.1.0.tar.bz2
cd wxWidgets-3.1.0/
mkdir -p ~/Develop/wxWidgets-staticlib
./autogen.sh
./configure --with-opengl --disable-shared --enable-monolithic --with-libjpeg
--with-libtiff --with-libpng --with-zlib --disable-sdltest --enable-unicode
--enable-display --enable-propgrid --disable-webkit --disable-webview
--disable-webviewwebkit --prefix=`echo ~/Develop/wxWidgets-staticlib`
CXXFLAGS="-std=c++0x" --with-libiconv=/usr
make -j4 && make install
cd ..
apt-get install libhamlib2 libhamlib-utils libhamlib++-dev libhamlib-dev
libhamlib-doc python-libhamlib2
git clone https://github.com/cjcliffe/CubicSDR.git
cd CubicSDR
mkdir build && cd build
../ -DUSE_HAMLIB=1 -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release
-DwxWidgets_CONFIG_EXECUTABLE=~/Develop/wxWidgets-staticlib/bin/wx-config
make
cd x86/
./CubicSDR
make install
cd ..
git clone https://github.com/pothosware/SoapyRTLSDR.git
cd SoapyRTLSDR
cd build
cmake .. -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release
make
make install
ldconfig
# should now show RTL-SDR device if connected
SoapySDRUtil --probe

# Add CubicSDR to the X11 menu with the Menu Editor:
cubicsdr/CubicSDR/build/x86/CubicSDR[/code]CubicSDR defaults to PulseAudio,
which was installed in the dist-upgrade a few days ago. However, I don't have
the Pulse deamon running, so I didn't hear any audio yet. To my joyous
surprise the waterfall and spectrum run reasonably fast. CubicSDR seems to use
about 85% of the CPU cycles, and may be reduced about 10% in the CubicSDR
Settings drop-down menu.

Put this in the X11 Menu Editor: cubicsdr/CubicSDR/build/x86/CubicSDR