Multimode updates?

Paul A. Steckler

Jun 12, 2015, 2:08:14 AM6/12/15
to ultra-c...@googlegroups.com
I had tried the multimode software with a NooElec dongle a few months ago and while it worked more-or-less, it was causing my computer to overheat.

I've cleaned the dust out of the computer, which makes it run much cooler. I've also updated the OS to Fedora 22, and now multimode fails on startup.
In particular, I get the error:

--
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/gnuradio/gr/runtime_swig.py", line 5590, in top_block_start_unlocked
    return _runtime_swig.top_block_start_unlocked(r, max_noutput_items)

So I tried to svn update multimode, in hopes that a newer version might fix the problem, but the CGRAN site no longer seems to be up.

Is multimode available from some other source now? I couldn't find such. Otherwise, does anyone know a fix for the error I'm seeing?

-- Paul

Paul A. Steckler

Jun 13, 2015, 9:49:48 PM6/13/15
to ultra-c...@googlegroups.com
After an email exchange with the author, regenerating multimode.py using gnuradio-companion eliminated the error.

With the new code, there was an issue with the UI, where a field near the top kept growing, making the program unusable.
I commented out some code in the Python script. The field indicating RF level is missing, but otherwise, the program
works fine.