Low-cost Windows 8.1 tablet for SDR

David J Taylor

Dec 31, 2014, 4:23:39 AM12/31/14
to ultra-c...@googlegroups.com
I don't know if something similar is on offer in the US, but here in the UK
there are a couple of Windows-8.1 tablets available at around £60 (~US $95).
These, I am delighted to report, work with both the DVB-T dongles, and with
the FUNcube dongle, and they include a USB OTG lead. I tested mine with the
FCDPP and HDSDR.

http://www.tesco.com/direct/connect-7-tablet-with-windows-81-office-365-personal-32gb-wifi-black/182-3108.prd

73,
David GM8ARV
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-...@blueyonder.co.uk

Dan

Dec 31, 2014, 4:33:39 AM12/31/14
to ultra-c...@googlegroups.com
On 12/31/14 11:23 AM, David J Taylor wrote:
> I don't know if something similar is on offer in the US, but here in
> the UK there are a couple of Windows-8.1 tablets available at around
> £60 (~US $95). These, I am delighted to report, work with both the
> DVB-T dongles, and with the FUNcube dongle, and they include a USB OTG
> lead. I tested mine with the FCDPP and HDSDR.
>
> http://www.tesco.com/direct/connect-7-tablet-with-windows-81-office-365-personal-32gb-wifi-black/182-3108.prd
>

> 73,
> David GM8ARV
> Hi,

Another cheap brand name option with full Windows 8.1 OS is HP Stream 7,
at $99.99 on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/HP-Stream-Windows-Includes-Personal/dp/B00NSHLVD2/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1420018310&sr=8-5&keywords=hp+stream

--
73 Dan YO3GGX