RTL2832 block in GRC

batt

May 8, 2012, 7:31:04 PM5/8/12
to ultra-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
I don't know if this is a common issue, but I'm a newbie and followed the guide here:

I compiled and installed rtl_sdr, gr-osmosdr and gnuradio, but when I open GRC, under the OsmoSDR tab I see only "OsmoSDR source", and no other components.
How can I add the rtl2832 block?

The rtl_sdr utility from the shell works perfectly, but I would like to have the handy block directly in GRC.

Can someone help me?

Steve Smith

May 8, 2012, 11:43:45 PM5/8/12
to ultra-c...@googlegroups.com

batt

May 9, 2012, 6:06:52 AM5/9/12
to ultra-c...@googlegroups.com

Thanks, seems to work now.

But then why do I need OsmoSDR? OsmoSDR and gr-baz are alternatives?

Adam Nielsen

May 9, 2012, 6:32:47 AM5/9/12
to ultra-c...@googlegroups.com
> But then why do I need OsmoSDR? OsmoSDR and gr-baz are alternatives?

I didn't install OsmoSDR so no, you don't need it. But I thought the idea was
the OsmoSDR source could talk to the rtl-sdr? That didn't work?

Cheers,
Adam.