Multible RTL-Dongles for a Spectrum-Analyzer

Markus Gerber

Jan 23, 2015, 6:49:29 AM1/23/15
to ultra-c...@googlegroups.com

Hello Group!
I'm looking for a way to deal with several RTL dongles a spectrum greater than 2-3MHz, can visualize. The goal is a spectrum analyzer with approximately 10MHz bandwidth. I can control multiple dongles with multiple instances of a software - that I already know. However, I would really operate multiple dongles with one spectrum analyzer software (eg gnuradio).
Does anyone know if i can cascade multiple dongles for that?

Working on a GNU/Linux System.

I am grateful for any advice!

Sorry for my "Google-Translate-English" ;-)

Siegfried Jackstien

Jan 23, 2015, 7:49:52 AM1/23/15
to ultra-c...@googlegroups.com
You can use one dongle for 10 megs (fast stepping in 2 megs Stepps and
saving the chunks) ...

Nutsaboutnets made a software (named touchstone) ... that is normally made
for the rf explorer but also works with the rtl sticks

If needed you can do a sweep over the complete 24-1800megs area ... or just
over a smaller area (example 88-108 fm band)

http://nutsaboutnets.com/touchstone/

Multiple dongles in one software??? I do not know such a solution

10 megs bw??? Buy an airspy

Dg9bfc

Sigi

David J Taylor

Jan 24, 2015, 5:30:14 AM1/24/15
to ultra-c...@googlegroups.com

.. or if the goal is to visualise a 10 MHz spectrum from a single source,
and the cost is not important, see:

http://airspy.com/

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-...@blueyonder.co.uk

Markus Gerber

Jan 24, 2015, 6:52:07 AM1/24/15
to ultra-c...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the replies!
I have several RTL dongles, which is the reason for the question.

The aim would be that you can deploy the receiver / antenna in a different building. I then wanted to realize the access with RTL_TCP. I want to monitor the radio frequencies of radio mics there. Is there Airspy (or other wide-band receiver) also have similar opportunities you like RTL_TCP?

In addition, the real-time performance should be. Scanning of the spectrum is therefore not optimal. 10MHz spectrum is the minimum - 20MHz would be optimal.

Have a nice weekend!
Markus