Bare Metal - Low Level interfacing with RTL2832U based SDR Dongles

Murat Tologlu

Jun 29, 2015, 9:50:40 PM6/29/15
to osmoc...@lists.osmocom.org, ultra-c...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I would like to make simple experiments to interface and interact with RTL2832U based SDR dongles using minimal code.

Use of Python library pyrtlsdr seems very easy but using python involves running a huge code behind scene. I would like to make experiments with minimal code; simple C or simple Assembly code and without an OS or with minimal OS.

Do anyone else interested in the same application?

Kind regards, 73

Murat TA1DB

Leif Asbrink

Jun 29, 2015, 10:28:47 PM6/29/15
to ultra-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Murat,

> I would like to make simple experiments to interface and interact with
> RTL2832U based SDR dongles using minimal code.
It is unclear to me what you mean by this.

> Use of Python library pyrtlsdr seems very easy but using python involves
> running a huge code behind scene. I would like to make experiments with
> minimal code; simple C or simple Assembly code and without an OS or with
> minimal OS.
You might be interested in having a look at Linrad.

Linrad uses librtlsdr which requires libusb-1.0, but it does not
use any other high level package. Everything is contained in
rtl2832.c in the Linrad package:
'