New DXpatrol wide band SDR

Antonio Matias

Feb 18, 2014, 5:06:27 PM2/18/14
to ultra-c...@googlegroups.com
RTL Based board
All in one.
Very clean reception on HF as well all VHF and UHF spectrum.
High performance filter and mixing circuit. Superb audio.

Check out!

http://www.dxpatrol.pt/index.php/products

--
António Matias

CT1FFU - CR5A

QRV: HF, 6m, 4m,2m,70cm,23cm
SSB, CW, MGM
DX, EME, Contest,Sat.

POBOX-38
2504-909
Caldas da Rainha
Portugal

Colorado Rob

Feb 18, 2014, 10:37:45 PM2/18/14
to ultra-c...@googlegroups.com
Matias, is this your design?

David J Taylor

Feb 19, 2014, 1:20:36 AM2/19/14
to ultra-c...@googlegroups.com
RTL Based board
All in one.
Very clean reception on HF as well all VHF and UHF spectrum.
High performance filter and mixing circuit. Superb audio.

Check out!

http://www.dxpatrol.pt/index.php/products

António Matias
CT1FFU - CR5A

António,

How many bits is the ADC?

Thanks,
David GM8ARV
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-...@blueyonder.co.uk

jdow

Feb 19, 2014, 1:52:16 AM2/19/14
to ultra-c...@googlegroups.com
On 2014/02/18 22:20, David J Taylor wrote:
> RTL Based board
> All in one.
> Very clean reception on HF as well all VHF and UHF spectrum.
> High performance filter and mixing circuit. Superb audio.
>
> Check out!
>
> http://www.dxpatrol.pt/index.php/products
>
> António Matias
> CT1FFU - CR5A
>
> António,
>
> How many bits is the ADC?
>
> Thanks,
> David GM8ARV

Perhaps more to the point how many bits per sample are transferred off
the card for I and Q?

{^_^} Joanne

David J Taylor

Feb 19, 2014, 2:24:06 AM2/19/14
to ultra-c...@googlegroups.com
From: jdow

On 2014/02/18 22:20, David J Taylor wrote:
[]
> António,
>
> How many bits is the ADC?
>
> Thanks,
> David GM8ARV

Perhaps more to the point how many bits per sample are transferred off
the card for I and Q?

{^_^} Joanne
======================================

Indeed - I'm hoping to see at least 12 bits otherwise you might just as well
get a DVB-T dongle. Perhaps you've already done the sums on what USB 2.0
can realistically handle? Could 16-bits be on, even if the ADC isn't that
capable? (I'm thinking "no new drivers").

73,

jdow

Feb 19, 2014, 4:38:37 AM2/19/14
to ultra-c...@googlegroups.com
Apparently 16 bit samples for each of I and Q at 10 Msps is feasible.

{^_^}

Antonio Matias

Feb 19, 2014, 4:50:08 AM2/19/14
to ultra-c...@googlegroups.com
Hello there.
It´s simpler.
As a mater of fact, it´s a RTL2832U board docked on a main board.
So the drivers are the same as any other RTL.
ON the main board  we have the band-pass-filters, band switching ( pin diode)  and HF conversion module.
2 separated antenna inputs and only one USB cable.

73

Tony

António Matias

CT1FFU - CR5A

SDR1.png

David J Taylor

Feb 19, 2014, 5:07:52 AM2/19/14
to ultra-c...@googlegroups.com
From: jdow

Apparently 16 bit samples for each of I and Q at 10 Msps is feasible.

{^_^}
=======================================

16 x 2 x 10 => 320 Mb/s. That's quite a bit more than I would want to push
USB 2.0.

Cheers,
David

David J Taylor

Feb 19, 2014, 5:09:31 AM2/19/14
to ultra-c...@googlegroups.com
Hello there.
It愀 simpler.
As a mater of fact, it愀 a RTL2832U board docked on a main board.
So the drivers are the same as any other RTL.
ON the main board we have the band-pass-filters, band switching ( pin
diode) and HF conversion module.
2 separated antenna inputs and only one USB cable.

73

Tony
==================================

.. and a nice way to do the job. So is performance is basically the same as
a dongle at VHF/UHF?

David

Siegfried Jackstien

Feb 21, 2014, 11:46:19 AM2/21/14
to ultra-c...@googlegroups.com
Sure ... why should performance change?!?

It is nothing more then a dongle "glued" on a upconverter board

And if switched to bypass the upconverter the performance should be the same
as with the dongle alone

Dg9bfc

sigi

Antonio Matias

Feb 21, 2014, 11:56:33 AM2/21/14
to ultra-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sigi
If you have a pre-conversion, with a decent clean High level LO, and use a good diode-ring-balance mixer, there you will have you performance improved.
Along with that, having a good band pass filter, the receiving will be quit good.
Not far from any other SDR/conventional rig.
On this design, the bands are selected by a pin-diode switch, so the unwanted band is well blocked.

73

Tony

Siegfried Jackstien

Feb 21, 2014, 2:18:43 PM2/21/14
to ultra-c...@googlegroups.com
Uh ... oh ... there are band pass filters on board?!?

How many??? What bands???

Any details?!?

Dg9bfc

Sigi

(ps I thought it was just the up down mixer with low/high-pass)

nick...@gmail.com

May 5, 2014, 12:43:29 PM5/5/14
to ultra-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I have just bought the receiver a couple of days ago. I see that http://sdrsharp.com/  is closed now. I managed to download all the instructions and software from the wayback machine so I could use it on windows (virtualboxed).
But my question is if you could use it on OSX (Mavericks)?
I have seen that is an RTL based card but which tuner does it have?
Thanks.
73

Siegfried Jackstien

May 5, 2014, 4:05:28 PM5/5/14
to ultra-c...@googlegroups.com
Sdrsharp is back in service

Dg9bfc

Sigi

Ps ... try out rtl1090 ... that soft will tell you what tuner is inside

Larry Dighera

May 12, 2014, 12:42:27 PM5/12/14
to ultra-c...@googlegroups.com

The announcement below mentions the Ten-Tec Patriot transceiver, but Google is
unable to provide any links to information about it. Could this be it?
<http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/TenTec/2013-05/msg00103.html>

Subject: Alpha Amplifiers and TEN-TEC Merge
From: RF Concepts/Alpha Amplifiers <in...@rfconcepts.com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 10:41:20 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, just a reminder that you're receiving this email because you have expressed
an interest in RF Concepts/Alpha Amplifiers.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Announcing the Merger of Alpha Amplifiers & Tentec
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alpha Amplifiers and TEN-TEC Merge Under RF Concepts Banner

LONGMONT, Colo.- May 9, 2014 - Announcing today the merger of Longmont,
Colorado -based RF Concepts LLC / Alpha Amplifiers and Sevierville,
Tenn.-based TEN-TEC Inc., RF Concepts Chairman Michael Seedman, AA6DY,
declared the union the perfect combination of amateur radio brands. The merger
creates a multi-million-dollar company with products that span QRP
transceivers to full-legal-limit amplifiers and establishes an organization
with the size and scale to continue to innovate into the next decade and
beyond.

RF Concepts/Alpha Amplifiers has been building amplifiers continuously since
the early 1970s and has put more than 13,000 amplifiers in the hands of
demanding amateur radio operators. Alpha Amplifiers are considered "the finest
line of linear amplifiers in the world" by the ham community. TEN-TEC, founded
in 1968, produces top-of-the-line receivers, transceivers, amplifiers and
tuners and is known worldwide for the reliability and performance of its
products.

"For more than 40 years, Alpha Amplifiers and TEN-TEC have shared a reputation
in the amateur radio market for offering exceptionally well-engineered,
American-made products backed by extraordinary customer service," said Seedman.
"Alpha Amplifiers is known for 'key down performance,' and TEN-TEC is known
for pushing the boundaries of transceiver performance and capabilities.

"The merger of these brands under the RF Concepts banner makes perfect sense,"
added Seedman, "not only in terms of creating a powerful product line, but also
in terms of positioning our company for the future. This merger more than
doubles the size of our business allowing us to invest more capital in
innovative engineering and customer-driven product development."

RF Concepts' operations will now be shared between its Longmont Colorado
facility and its Sevierville Tennessee facility. The company is currently
seeking a new operations facility in the Sevierville area to more efficiently
house factory operations, part of the engineering resources, and technical and
customer support services. The Colorado facility will house engineering
resources, technical and customer support services, and much of the
front-office operations.

Both Jim Wharton, NO4A, who in January of this year took the reins of TEN-TEC
upon the retirement of founder Jack Burchfield, K4JU and Ken Long, N0QO, who
has been overseeing the operations at Alpha Amplifiers will be Presidents of
their respective group, working together to build a strong, innovative
company.

"Ken and I have spent quite a bit of time discussing our short- and long-term
focus over the last few weeks and I feel our responsibilities are very clearly
defined.", said Wharton.

"Jim and I have a lot of work to do to make sure the merging of these two
brands goes as smoothly as possible." added Long.

The merger announcement comes just days before one of the signature amateur
radio events in North America-the Dayton (Ohio) Hamvention-where more than
75,000 hams are expected to converge on the Hara Arena Complex to discover the
latest innovations in amateur radio. Both Alpha Amplifiers and TEN-TEC will
operate separate booths at this years show (May 16 - 18). Both booths will
feature new products and special offers to commemorate the merger. At booths
209-210 in the North Hall, Alpha Amplifiers will be demonstrating the
soon-to-be released DreamTuner 4040 Automatic Antenna Tuner, a graphically
based, 4KW Autotuner. At booths 458-450 in the East Hall, TEN-TEC will unveil
the Patriot, an open source, arduino-based SSB transceiver.

About RF Concepts/Alpha Amplifiers

RF Concepts/Alpha Amplifiers manufactures high-end linear amplifiers for ham
radio enthusiasts. Based in Longmont, Colo., the company is known worldwide
for its quality amplifiers. Alpha Amplifiers have been continuously
manufactured in the United States since the early 1970s.

About TEN-TEC

TEN-TEC Inc. was founded in 1968 to provide beautifully engineered,
well-crafted, well-supported and high-performing products to the amateur radio
market. For 46 years the Sevierville, Tenn.-based company has passionately
designed, crafted and tested premium products which have earned the company a
solid reputation and loyal brand followers throughout the world.

###
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ken Long
303-473-9232
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

James Hall

May 12, 2014, 12:47:46 PM5/12/14
to ultra-c...@googlegroups.com
I remember seeing the announcement for the CW one last year and thought it'd be much nicer if it was a SSB radio instead. Should be possible to do PSK and other digital modes over it if it does SSB.

Philip Hahn

May 12, 2014, 12:48:54 PM5/12/14
to ultra-c...@googlegroups.com
The CW one, I'm pretty sure, is the Rebel Model 506

http://www.tentec.com/rebel-model-506-open-source-qrp-cw-transceiver/

-philip
KI4VUP