.WAV transmitter

mica

Mar 16, 2016, 12:43:52 PM3/16/16
to Ultra Cheap SDR
Does anyone know any transmitted that is able to transmit radio waves as captured in a .wav format or so please?

Leif Asbrink

Mar 16, 2016, 9:09:02 PM3/16/16
to ultra-c...@googlegroups.com
mica <micall...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know any transmitted that is able to transmit radio waves as
> captured in a .wav format or so please?

Any soundcard-based SDR hardware will do this. If you save a
wideband .wav file from for example a Softrock, you can then
use any .wav player to send the IQ data to a soundcard. If you
connect a Softrock transmitter you would reproduce the RF
spectrum that you captured.

You might want to read this page:
http://www.sm5bsz.com/lir/agctest/agctest.htm
Here a .wav file is used to test receivers.SDRs are tested on the
.wav file, but analog receivers are tested by playing the .wav
file to a soundcard-based transmitter:
"By playing the test file to the WSE TX2500 an RF signal
can be generated at 2.46 MHz. By mixing it in a schottky
mixer using a standard signal generator the test signal
can be moved to any amateur band."

(I am not sure I understood your question correctly...)

Regards

Leif

jdow

Mar 16, 2016, 9:20:07 PM3/16/16
to ultra-c...@googlegroups.com
On the wide band version of this you are talking about a jammer that could take
out a swath of spectrum at least as wide as the sample rate. I am not going to
help somebody do that. Nor am I accusing anybody on this list of such motives. I
am just explaining my silence. If good people can read this list, so can bad people.

{o.o}