how connect an USRP E110 to the PC

Wafa Elhajhmida

Apr 17, 2014, 5:46:07 AM4/17/14
to ultra-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi for every body,
I try to connect USRP to my PC with port console.but my pc don t detect the usrpE110 how to deal with it

when I typed these command to install
sudo bash -c 'echo "deb http://files.ettus.com/binaries/uhd_unstable/repo/uhd/ubuntu/`lsb_release -cs` `lsb_release -cs` main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ettus.list'
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install -t `lsb_release -cs` uhd
I had this error
wafa@wafa-K46CB:~$ sudo apt-get install uhd
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
  uhd
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 2 not upgraded.
Need to get 0 B/38,2 MB of archives.
After this operation, 190 MB of additional disk space will be used.
WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
  uhd
Install these packages without verification [y/N]? y
(Reading database ... 247203 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking uhd (from .../uhd_003.007.000-1-stable_amd64.deb) ...
Installing UHD.
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/uhd_003.007.000-1-stable_amd64.deb (--unpack):
 trying to overwrite '/usr/share/man/man1/uhd_cal_rx_iq_balance.1.gz', which is also in package uhd-host 3.4.2-1build1
dpkg-deb: error: subprocess paste was killed by signal (Broken pipe)
Processing triggers for man-db ...
 /var/cache/apt/archives/uhd_003.007.000-1-stable_amd64.deb
plz need help to deal with this problem thanks a lot

Yuzhu Bai

Apr 29, 2014, 11:14:37 PM4/29/14
to ultra-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Wafa,

I got a similar error when installing the UHD on my laptop. My laptop is an AMD64 machine and I just upgraded it to Ubuntu 14.04LTS last week. Did you find out a solution to this problem? Thanks!

Regards,

Alex

Wafa Elhajhmida

Apr 30, 2014, 1:17:21 PM4/30/14
to ultra-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi, yes
try these commands

sudo apt-get clean all
sudo apt-get purge uhd uhd*

Wafa Elhajhmida

Apr 30, 2014, 1:21:31 PM4/30/14
to ultra-c...@googlegroups.com
after that install uhd with apt get install

Wafa Elhajhmida

Apr 30, 2014, 3:39:29 PM4/30/14
to ultra-c...@googlegroups.com
type this command sudo apt-get install -t `lsb_release -cs` uhd

Yuzhu Bai

Apr 30, 2014, 4:32:47 PM4/30/14
to ultra-c...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Wafa! My problem was solved with your help! BTW, I only removed the UHD-host* with $ sudo apt-get purge uhd-host*

Thanks for your help!

Wafa Elhajhmida

Apr 30, 2014, 4:37:07 PM4/30/14
to ultra-c...@googlegroups.com
welcome :)

Wafa Elhajhmida

Apr 30, 2014, 6:13:55 PM4/30/14
to ultra-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi plz which is the USRP that you use.

In fact I need documentation about USRP E 110 and how to implement an application on usrp e 110 if you have an idea plz don't hesitate to help me .

Yuzhu Bai

May 1, 2014, 11:09:54 AM5/1/14
to ultra-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Wafa,

Sorry for the late reply. But I'm quite a newbie to the USRP. I just received the hardware from my professor and I believe it is really old -- and it came with no documentation. I'm now trying to run some examples from the ettus.com.

Alex

Wafa Elhajhmida

May 1, 2014, 11:39:12 AM5/1/14
to ultra-c...@googlegroups.com
Ok so we are in the same situation. googd luck :)

Cledson Sousa

Mar 28, 2015, 11:02:27 AM3/28/15
to ultra-c...@googlegroups.com, wafa.elh...@gmail.com
That is it! Solved.