There Must Be An Easier Way

SDR BOX SET

Dec 4, 2016, 1:00:47 AM12/4/16
to Ultra Cheap SDR

Hi all, newbie here. I just got a DVB-T+DAB+FM dongle with the old MCX receptacle which I already ordered an antenna & corresponding cable for, I tried downloading all the required files with no luck, I even tried numerous Youtube tutorials but the guys are talking way too fast & even with pausing the video to keep up with their mouse race, nothing works. The dongle is good, once the screen came up but a box opened up saying the device was not connected, I deleted all the files & will try again when the antenna is connected to make sure there are no RF reception issues, can somebody please send me a very basic step by step tutorial that I can follow? Thanks in advance.

Andras Bato

Dec 4, 2016, 4:34:01 AM12/4/16
to ultra-c...@googlegroups.com
OM,
Step 1: Install the driver named Zadig PROPERLY. (If you still on Windows XP there's a separate one!)
Step 2: Install SDR# properly.
Step 3: Test the dongle by starting rtl_test.exe
Step 4: In case the test was succesful, break rtl_test.exe by CTRL-C
Step 5: Start rtl_tcp like this: rtl_tcp 127.0.0.1:1234
Step 6: Start SDR# and choose RTL-SDR/TCP from menu at the top left
Step 7: Click on PLAY
Step 8: Click on Configure and move the slider to the right for the best sensitivity plus choose AGC if you want
Step 9: Some cosmetics may be done on the waterfall speed etc.
Step 10: Applause!

On Sun, Dec 4, 2016 at 6:00 AM, SDR BOX SET <sdrb...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all, newbie here. I just got a DVB-T+DAB+FM dongle with the old MCX receptacle which I already ordered an antenna & corresponding cable for, I tried downloading all the required files with no luck, I even tried numerous Youtube tutorials but the guys are talking way too fast & even with pausing the video to keep up with their mouse race, nothing works. The dongle is good, once the screen came up but a box opened up saying the device was not connected, I deleted all the files & will try again when the antenna is connected to make sure there are no RF reception issues, can somebody please send me a very basic step by step tutorial that I can follow? Thanks in advance.

pink

Feb 27, 2024, 2:31:54 AMFeb 27
to Ultra Cheap SDR
My expirience:
RTLSDR V4 is pretty deaf in lower bands
compared to commercial SWL radios like AOR's or Sony ICF2001 for example
I testet with my of antenna equipment:
BBC-Perselector
Mini whip with sheat wave filter
20/40m dipol.
In higher frequencies,is quiet better
2m/70cm with discone
ADSB with lambda/4 and sma-filter
137 Nooa with 2 cross dipols or
1Helicoidal antennas works well.
I compared with an old Ar8200 and a 3000A
Despite preselector the SDR/V4 becomes quickly
overcrowdet