why would be sound be garbled on 122.800 aircraft frequency?

David Lessard

Jul 12, 2015, 11:05:43 AM7/12/15
to ultra-c...@googlegroups.com
I just set up an SDR radio. It appears to work well with the indoor antenna included on some stations. FM stations are excellent, and I pick up hams on 2 meters. But I just started
aircraft frequencies and my local airport is on 122.800 and when I pick up a transmission it is garbled. I am using AM for aircraft and not WFM or NFM. Is there more that needs to be done to hear them clearly? Any ideas appreciated.

David J Taylor

Jul 12, 2015, 11:16:41 AM7/12/15
to ultra-c...@googlegroups.com
From: David Lessard

David,

Did you calibrate the frequency offset (PPM) of the dongle using Kalibrate
(or whatever)?
Are you overloading the dongle?

Cheers,
David