Has anyone gotten Gnuradio to work on Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)?

odin...@gmail.com

Dec 29, 2015, 10:37:53 PM12/29/15
to Ultra Cheap SDR
Has anyone gotten Gnuradio to install and run properly on  Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)?

I've been working for a week and I have yet to get everything working as expected. I can get Gnuradio to install, and run in GUI mode under gnuradio-companion, but I can' t get any of the Osmocomm sources to appear in the block menu on the right side of the screen. I need those modules to create flow graphs for use with my HackRF One SDR,

I believe the problem has to do with the Osmosdr and Hackrf blocks not installing/loading correctly, or into the right directories.

I've tried installation via MacPorts and Homebrew package managers, but neither of them result in a fully-functional installation.

Oddly enough, my HackRF One SDR works fine with GQRX.

It appears that there are many installations on OS X 10.10 working successfully, but a lot of people are having trouble on 10.11.

Can anyone provide some insight?

Thanks,

John Freberg