Update Issues

devnet

Mar 11, 2012, 8:54:07 PM3/11/12
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hiya,

We've had a problem with drakconf these past few days I know...but tonight when I went to upgrade, I was faced with the following on a cli ISO installed.  I've attached the error...it looks like we have a DistEpoch problem again.

crap.png

Matthew Dawkins

Mar 11, 2012, 9:17:08 PM3/11/12
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com

On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 6:54 PM, devnet <dev...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hiya,

We've had a problem with drakconf these past few days I know...but tonight when I went to upgrade, I was faced with the following on a cli ISO installed.  I've attached the error...it looks like we have a DistEpoch problem again.

no distepoch problem at all.

libpopt0 no longer provides popt and that was virtual provides needed by drakconf

i fixed drakconf upstream, i need to fix my 64bit chroot to fix it at UL.

regards,
matt

OnlyHuman

Mar 12, 2012, 10:25:26 AM3/12/12
to ul-developers
Thats odd as I tried to install stuff, ie: new udev and I got the
DistEpoch error,
think it was on other stuff too, like new networkmanager, maybe cooker
has become corrupted.

Matthew Dawkins

Mar 12, 2012, 11:39:25 AM3/12/12
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com
ok i talked to pok.

the dirty fix is this. smart install rpm

it should upgrade rpm librpm54

then do

smart upgrade

OnlyHuman

Mar 12, 2012, 2:05:44 PM3/12/12
to ul-developers
drakconf requires popt (in smart its called popt0)

OnlyHuman

Mar 12, 2012, 2:19:21 PM3/12/12
to ul-developers
ok, got past that error now loads of kernel-firmware conflicts, if
remove previous kernel-firmware it removes tons, ie plymouth etc

OnlyHuman

Mar 12, 2012, 3:27:24 PM3/12/12
to ul-developers
smart install unitylinux-iso cant install libalsa-plugins 1.0.25 no
pkg provides libalsa >=1.0.25

OnlyHuman

Mar 12, 2012, 4:06:58 PM3/12/12
to ul-developers
installing unitylinux-control cant install no libltd17-2.4.2-2

OnlyHuman

Mar 12, 2012, 4:09:21 PM3/12/12
to ul-developers
installed mandriva-control-center least that works

OnlyHuman

Mar 12, 2012, 4:20:59 PM3/12/12
to ul-developers
no that failed too same thing, bah

OnlyHuman

Mar 12, 2012, 8:21:37 PM3/12/12
to ul-developers
P.S is mklivecd broke now? mklivecd.2036/ live.mnt failed

OnlyHuman

Mar 12, 2012, 8:46:49 PM3/12/12
to ul-developers
Fatal excecution of mkdir -p /tmp/mklivecd.2036/ live.mnt ; mount -o
loop -t ex2

OnlyHuman

Mar 13, 2012, 8:25:09 AM3/13/12
to ul-developers
unitylinux-iso now installs, but unitylinux-desktop trys to install
but gives error,
file lib/firmware/rt2870.bin from install of rt2870-
firmware-21mdv2011.0 noarch

I will try out the updates to see also if mklivecd is fixed as
couldn't build initrd

Matthew Dawkins

Mar 13, 2012, 8:34:18 AM3/13/12
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com
ok the two pkgs kernel-firmware and kernel-firmware-extra conflict.
skip this or remove the extra pkg