Updated info on our Developers Website

devnet

Apr 26, 2012, 3:58:33 PM4/26/12
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com
http://unity-linux.org/update-on-our-development-website/

Please read this announcement on our developers website and the status of Unity Linux right now.  If you'd like to engage us via Google Plus, please do so here https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/111991872035090257209/111991872035090257209/posts/ByWfY2YQnQ8

As always, you can post comments here as well and we'll try to respond :)

On behalf of the developers,

devnet

OnlyHuman

Apr 28, 2012, 9:08:11 AM4/28/12
to ul-developers
Devnet, does anyone read messages here apart from you an me?
Not sure if this is active anymore.

dillj

Apr 28, 2012, 5:07:05 PM4/28/12
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 3:08 PM, OnlyHuman <halo....@googlemail.com> wrote:
Devnet, does anyone read messages here apart from you an me?

I do

Douglas Wilson

Apr 28, 2012, 5:12:05 PM4/28/12
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com
I do.

Doug

--
Use Linux

stum...@gmail.com

Apr 28, 2012, 5:27:20 PM4/28/12
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com
+1

I had Mandy 2011 upgraded to cooker repos on my desktop system (full KDE install) but for whatever reasons it ran extremely slow... right now I'm gonna hold off and see what happens, hopefully things will stabilize and I can go back to running my fav distro!

Steve -aka- Stumpy

Tobias Gerschner

Apr 28, 2012, 5:42:33 PM4/28/12
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com, ul-dev...@googlegroups.com
+1

and apologies again for not being of more help in this situation.

Katheryne Draven

Apr 28, 2012, 10:08:22 PM4/28/12
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com
I do as well but I refrain from making unnecessary comments, such as
how Xu_R is evil, but in a bad way and that Tobias eats kittens. Since
its clear we all know this.

Kate

PS do we bottom post or top post. It differs with groups so I forget.

Chris Evans

Apr 29, 2012, 12:03:39 AM4/29/12
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com
I read, but hardly believe anymore....

Apr 29, 2012, 2:29:41 AM4/29/12
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com
I'm so confused. You don't believe?
And the rainbow thing just frightens me.

Kate

Wim Willemsen

Apr 29, 2012, 7:41:32 PM4/29/12
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com
Why is UL is not looking at the ROSA or Mageia repositories??
Maybe is the Mandriva Cooker repo the wrong choice?
They gonna release stable isos  mid May! (both are forked from Mandriva??)

JohnW

OnlyHuman

Apr 29, 2012, 7:47:16 PM4/29/12
to ul-developers

On Apr 30, 12:41 am, Wim Willemsen <john...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Why is UL is not looking at the ROSA or
> Mageia<http://distrowatch.com/mageia>repositories??
> Maybe is the Mandriva Cooker repo the wrong choice?
> They gonna release stable isos  mid May! (both are forked from Mandriva??)
>
> JohnW

JohnW, I think it maybe to do with unity and mandriva using rpm 5.4,
where as mageia uses rpm 4

devnet

Apr 30, 2012, 8:49:01 AM4/30/12
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 7:41 PM, Wim Willemsen <joh...@gmail.com> wrote:
Why is UL is not looking at the ROSA or Mageia repositories??
Maybe is the Mandriva Cooker repo the wrong choice?
They gonna release stable isos  mid May! (both are forked from Mandriva??)

Well we are working with ROSA and Mandriva.  However, Onlyhuman is right...we don't look at Mageia because they use older versions of RPM (RPM 4.x) so while the rpms might install from Mageia, it can cause a world of hurt without warning.

Matthew Dawkins

May 1, 2012, 10:23:48 AM5/1/12
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 5:41 PM, Wim Willemsen <joh...@gmail.com> wrote:
Why is UL is not looking at the ROSA or Mageia repositories??
Maybe is the Mandriva Cooker repo the wrong choice?
They gonna release stable isos  mid May! (both are forked from Mandriva??)

JohnW

JohnW what is going on with PCLOS development? Is there anything we can do to bring you guys out to participate either upstream Mandriva/Mageia?

freedomrun

May 5, 2012, 5:08:44 AM5/5/12
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, 30 Apr 2012 01:41:32 +0200
Wim Willemsen <joh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Why is UL is not looking at the ROSA or
> Mageia<http://distrowatch.com/mageia>repositories??
+1

Raphaël Jadot

May 5, 2012, 9:26:28 PM5/5/12
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com
2012/5/5 freedomrun <freed...@unity-linux.org>:
> On Mon, 30 Apr 2012 01:41:32 +0200
> Wim Willemsen <joh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Why is UL is not looking at the ROSA or
>> Mageia<http://distrowatch.com/mageia>repositories??
>> Maybe is the Mandriva Cooker repo the wrong choice?
>> They gonna release stable isos  mid May! (both are forked from
>> Mandriva??)

ATM Rosa is not (yet) a fork
about Mageia, maybe a reason for not being based on is that it's not using rpm5

--
RJ

dillj

May 6, 2012, 2:19:36 AM5/6/12
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com

Am 06.05.2012 03:26 schrieb "Raphaël Jadot" <ashle...@hodo.fr>:

> 2012/5/5 freedomrun <freed...@unity-linux.org>:
> > On Mon, 30 Apr 2012 01:41:32 +0200
> > Wim Willemsen <joh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Why is UL is not looking at the ROSA or
> >> Mageia<http://distrowatch.com/mageia>repositories??
> >> Maybe is the Mandriva Cooker repo the wrong choice?
> >> They gonna release stable isos  mid May! (both are forked from
> >> Mandriva??)
>
> ATM Rosa is not (yet) a fork
> about Mageia, maybe a reason for not being based on is that it's not using rpm5

Correct. So it's more like Rosa and us working together on cooker.