Re: [ukelele-users] Re: Accidently set wrong name and other problems

Gé van Gasteren

Oct 15, 2017, 5:25:25 PM10/15/17
to ukelel...@googlegroups.com
I understand that you are happy with the custom keyboard layout you made, but that you just want to change its name?

Then the easiest is to open it in Ukelele and change its name there with the command Keyboard / Set Keyboard Name and Script, then install it with File / Install / Install for Current User.

When you activate the new layout, you can also deactivate the old one, so it doesn’t show up on the Input Sources menu anymore.

You don’t have to delete the "Italian Copy" file, because it really doesn’t matter if it’s still somewhere on your system disk!

​I say this also because there are several places where you could have put the layout, and one of them is normally hidden: In the Finder, you need to hold down the ​Option key while selecting Go / Library to go there.
So if you’re not comfortable doing such things, just forget about it :)

On 15 October 2017 at 21:26, dxdiag99 <dxdi...@wp.pl> wrote:
I have already checked the "Keyboard layputs" folders and "TextInput" folders, nothing here. Just .bundle files, which do not include anything that I find related to my original layout.

W dniu niedziela, 15 października 2017 20:56:57 UTC+2 użytkownik dxdiag99 napisał:
Hello everyone,
So I'm very sorry, but I am completely new to the Mac environment and know nothing about programming, so I had no idea what topic should I look for. I wanted to make my own Italian keyboard to make letters with accents with Alt (option) key, because on normal Italian layout those are hidden under keys with quotation marks etc. I somehow did it properly (the layout works fine), used the "File" menu to upload it to the OS as a normal Preferences option, but I didn't name this layout properly. So how can I delete this version of Italian keyboard (named "Italian copy")?

Gé van Gasteren

Oct 15, 2017, 5:33:00 PM10/15/17
to ukelel...@googlegroups.com
I’m curious how your keyboard layout works, actually.
If you like, attach your keyboard layout :)

My guess is that you are using a US style hardware keyboard without the proper Italian letters printed on it, but it’s hard to tell of course without seeing it. One test of this would be if you get the letters ò à ù when you type the three keys ;  '  \