Ukelele 3.1.0 is out

John Brownie

Sep 14, 2016, 8:57:02 AM9/14/16
to ukelel...@googlegroups.com
I've put out version 3.1.0, which is no longer a beta version, with no problems that I am aware of at this point. There are two changes in this version from the last beta:
  • The Duplicate Keyboard Layout command for a keyboard layout collection now creates a duplicate keyboard layout within the collection, rather than as a separate, unbundled keyboard layout
  • Updated the manual and help.
Since there have been some important bug fixes since 3.0.5, this update is recommended for all users of Ukelele 3.0.0 and later.

The update is available in the usual places, http://scripts.sil.org/ukelele and via Software Update from within Ukelele.
--
John Brownie
In Finland on furlough from SIL Papua New Guinea

James Haskin

Sep 18, 2016, 10:23:14 AM9/18/16
to Ukelele Users
Distro: OS X 10.11.6

I tried using 3.1.0 to make a one handed Colemak where capslock mirros the right half of the keyboard to the left hand. For some reason the space bar didn't work no matter what I tried. Reverted to 2.2.8 and it worked like a charm.

John Brownie

Sep 20, 2016, 4:36:27 AM9/20/16
to ukelel...@googlegroups.com
I realised now that the default key maps don't include the space. I've fixed that for the next release. Until then, it's easy to simply add space to the output for the space bar. You'll want to do it for no modifiers, shift and caps lock.

18 September 2016 at 17:23