Cant understand this program, hate it

Nathan King

Feb 2, 2018, 7:44:04 PM2/2/18
to Ukelele Users
This program is too complicated for me to understand.  I cant  even understand the manual.  I need personal tutoring on how to use this program otherwise I have to abandon it.  By the way, this window isn't allowing me to type apostrophes.  I cant type canät cant cant cant because it omits the apostrophe.

Tom Gewecke

Feb 2, 2018, 7:58:15 PM2/2/18
to ukelel...@googlegroups.com, plumbin...@gmail.com
The first thing you need to do is tell us why you need to use it.  What exactly are you trying to do by creating a custom input source for your Mac?

On Feb 2, 2018, at 5:44 PM, Nathan King <plumbin...@gmail.com> wrote:

This program is too complicated for me to understand.  I cant  even understand the manual.  I need personal tutoring on how to use this program otherwise I have to abandon it.  By the way, this window isn't allowing me to type apostrophes.  I cant type canät cant cant cant because it omits the apostrophe.

Geke

Feb 3, 2018, 3:11:05 AM2/3/18
to Ukelele Users
1. Yes, like Tom advised: please describe what you’re trying to achieve.

2.
It’s great that you’re studying the manual, but you need some basis. Unfortunately, the Help inside Ukelele badly needs work. But I think you’ll like the tutorial that comes with the Ukelele download. It’s installed in Application Resources – or find it in the .dmg volume when the image is mounted.

3. Do you mean you can’t type ’ and ' inside this Google Group? In which browser is that?

Sorin Paliga

Feb 3, 2018, 3:28:54 AM2/3/18
to ukelel...@googlegroups.com
As compared to its equivalent in Windows, it is like a charm. Any app is best mastered by practising a bit, just take an existing keylayout and lit. ’play with it’. Perhaps you may tell us what you plan to do with UKELELE.