space key does not work

Maximilian

Sep 1, 2016, 1:32:07 PM9/1/16
to Ukelele Users
Hi all,

I am using a MacBook Pro 2011 with El Capitan. Since the keys from four to nine don't work anymore I am using Ukelele.
The problem I have now it that my space key do not react under the Ukelele profile.
There was a thread here, but it did not solved my problem. So, the space key is normally working, but when I switch to the
Ukelele profile to type the numbers the space key is not working anymore.

Thank you for your time and help!

Patrick Chew

Sep 1, 2016, 1:34:05 PM9/1/16
to ukelel...@googlegroups.com
Did you actually set U+0020 as the value of the space bar?

Maximilian

Sep 1, 2016, 2:03:08 PM9/1/16
to Ukelele Users
Thanks for your answer. First I only set the number to some alt + letter combinations. Then I set space to space bar. In both cases it doesn't work.

Sorin Paliga

Sep 1, 2016, 2:04:37 PM9/1/16
to ukelel...@googlegroups.com
Did you create a new keylayout from the scratch? In this case, it is cumbersome to add ALL the invisible, system commands, e.g. spacebar. It is perhaps a lot easier to start from an existing keylayouts, and just modify it.
On 01 Sep 2016, at 21:03, Maximilian <maximili...@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks for your answer. First I only set the number to some alt + letter combinations. Then I set space to space bar. In both cases it doesn't work.

Maximilian

Sep 1, 2016, 2:20:20 PM9/1/16
to Ukelele Users
I used QWERTZ as the base (when opening a new layout), if you mean this?

Sorin Paliga

Sep 1, 2016, 2:22:20 PM9/1/16
to ukelel...@googlegroups.com
No, I mean an existing ‘keyboard layout’, one you are using with the system. I do not mean the physical keyboard, I mean the keyboard layout. UKELELE can start from an existing one, including the one active when you write something. See the attachment.

Maximilian

Sep 1, 2016, 2:30:59 PM9/1/16
to Ukelele Users
Thank you for your help Cattus. Somehow now it works. I created a new profile and set space to the spacebar with an existing profile (German).
I did this before, but yes.. now it works. Thanks for your efforts!

Sorin Paliga

Sep 1, 2016, 3:18:48 PM9/1/16
to ukelel...@googlegroups.com
No effort at all, glad it helped.