Remap space cmd and alt to Numerical keypad on a Mac

已查看 63 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Chris Tarbet

未读,
2016年12月13日 11:37:192016/12/13
收件人 Ukelele Users
Hi
Wondering if anyone can help me out here.

I use a wacom tablet for my work with the key board sitting behind the wacom.

Now i have a rather serious shoulder injury which is being aggrieved by reaching my arm out to press the space cmd and alt buttons, I'm a photoshop user so those keys are in use all the time, i hover my hand on them all day long = shoulder issue :(

Now I'm wondering if its possible to remap said keys to a small numerical keypad, so as i can place this next to wacom instead of behind it.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks  in advance
Chris

Gé van Gasteren

未读,
2016年12月14日 08:03:512016/12/14
收件人 ukelel...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris,

This is not possible with a custom keyboard layout, but maybe you can do it using other software, such as Better Touch Tool (https:// www.boastr.net/), Karabiner (formerly KeyRemap4MacBook) (https://pqrs.org/osx/karabiner/) or DoubleCommand (http://doublecommand.sourceforge.net/).

I just posted your question on the Adobe forum:
https://forums.adobe.com/message/9199690
One user asked:
"Which Wacom tablet does he have? The Intuos Pro has buttons that can be customized. One of those could be set to the Ctrl button"

One wild idea I came up with is to have a recessed space in your desk for the keyboard, so that it slides halfway under the tablet and just the lower two rows of keys peep out.
You could then move the keyboard shortcuts you need (like H for the Hand, T for text, etc.) to the lower row of keys.
Unfortunately, that doesn’t help with the spacebar, and the Option, Shift, and Command keys.
One thing you could do for those is to activate "Sticky keys" (System Preferences/Accessibility), so you don’t have to hold them down with one hand while doing something with the stylus with the other hand.

Geke

未读,
2016年12月14日 08:07:202016/12/14
收件人 Ukelele Users
>>I'm wondering if its possible to remap modifier keys to a small numerical keypad, so as i can place this next to wacom instead of behind it.

Hi Chris,

This is not possible with a custom keyboard layout, but maybe you can do it using other software, such as Better Touch Tool (https:// www.boastr.net/), Karabiner (formerly KeyRemap4MacBook) (https://pqrs.org/osx/karabiner/) or DoubleCommand (http://doublecommand.sourceforge.net/).

I just posted your question on the Adobe forum:
https://forums.adobe.com/message/9199690
One user asked:
"Which Wacom tablet does he have? The Intuos Pro has buttons that can be customized. One of those could be set to the Ctrl button"

One wild idea I came up with myself is to have a recessed space in your desk for the keyboard, so that it slides halfway under the tablet and just the lower two rows of keys peep out.
You could then move the keyboard shortcuts you need (like H for the Hand, T for text, etc.) to the lower row of keys.

Unfortunately, that doesn’t help with the spacebar, or with the Option, Shift, and Command keys.
One thing you could do for the latter is to activate "Sticky keys" (System Preferences/Accessibility), so you don’t have to hold them down with one hand while doing something with the stylus with the other hand.

Chris Tarbet

未读,
2016年12月14日 08:33:062016/12/14
收件人 Ukelele Users
Hi GeKe
Thanks for your reply, those progs you suggested won't do the space bar :(
I have tried using the keys on the Wacom but just can't get my head around it, the keys are vertical and not parallel as in the keyboards, its like driving a car with the clutch gas and brake the wrong way around, Photoshop user for nearly 20 years, hard habit to break...
Looks like i may have to build a small platform for the wacom to sit on, on top of a blue tooth keyboard.with just those buttons sticking out the side. or something along those lines

Cheers

Gé van Gasteren

未读,
2016年12月14日 11:59:122016/12/14
收件人 ukelel...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris,

So you have tried those apps already…

Then maybe you have also seen the Tartarus/Nostromo (scroll down a bit; also see picture):
http://www.anandtech.com/show/7254/capsule-razer-roundup-deathstalker-ultimate-blackwidow-ultimate-and-tartarus

And what about this little piece of software, together with a numberpad:
http://www.usboverdrive.com/USBOverdrive/Information.html

Inline images 1

Gé van Gasteren

未读,
2016年12月14日 12:12:022016/12/14
收件人 ukelel...@googlegroups.com
Looks like in Windows, there’s software that does the trick (found on Instructables):
"Then I mapped the most important tools to the keypad with Autohotkey. The application also made it possible to apply the shortcuts only while running Photoshop. Because Autohotkey could not easily interpret the holding down of a key, I used Sharpkeys to map the space (+) and shift (zero) keys to the keypad."

But then there should be something doing it on the Mac too, no?
回复全部
回复作者
转发
0 个新帖子